Banded steel question/discussion

Karl_Mac_

Evenin all.

The plan for my Lupo is to get some 15" G60 steels and then try to work out how to fit white walls and VW Beetle chrome centre caps. One thing i've been looking at is order banded steels from www.bandedwheels.com

- Has anyone heard of/used them before?

- Whats the maximum width I could go to with a 40mm drop before arches require rolling?

- How easy/whats involved with fitted the beetle hub caps?

Ta in advance.

You might struggle finding low profile 15" whitewalls, I've tried! If you find some let me know ;)

With a modest 40mm drop you should be able get up to 7J under the rear without rolling arches, depending on the offset. If you want them to sit flush arch rolling will be sensible to stop your tyres getting raped when you go over bumps. With rolling/stretch/camber you can just about get away with 8.5J at a push, anything over that just looks ridiculous imo.

Only way I've heard of getting chrome caps on is hanging them off a few screws driven into the face of the wheel, I'm sure there must be a less pikey way of doing it though :lol:

I like your plans, hope you pull it off :thumbsup:

Ah of course, new new beetle wheels + adaptors would work.

[edit] not sure that's what you meant, but still :lol:

Edited by Koop

Seen the current Beetle wheels. Very nice but I imagine i'll need deep pockets with them being a new wheel. Plan is to keep costs low and have the Lupo as my daily hack while money goes into the focus.

Couple of google images of the look I'd like...

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTheEGtb4p_XWmqTKzUX1nXaa3TO9C9vAg574excBrLARxEKkQhjQ

<3

post-58759-1325517722.jpg

you can buy clips to hold the caps on, but modern 15" steels dont look right with the caps on the bst ones are the beetle/bora 16" steels they look far better and yo can buy white tyre paint, to replicate white walls, but with 16" wheels youll need fairly low pro tyres

you can buy clips to hold the caps on, but modern 15" steels dont look right with the caps on the bst ones are the beetle/bora 16" steels they look far better and yo can buy white tyre paint, to replicate white walls, but with 16" wheels youll need fairly low pro tyres

Do you have any pics of the Bora steels you mean? I assume Bora is still 4x108 pcd?

Not so keen on the paint idea. Might have to find white walls and work my way back from there!