Fast Car Lupo Project - **page 2 what wheels?**

glenda@fastcar

Bloody Rotas. Everywhere.

Whats wrong with some g60 steels, BBS RA or some porsche 928s? At a push Lenso BSX are a cheap wheel.

I assume Rota are donating?

You've said rotas are everywhere and then told him a list of wheels of equal popularity/ commonness. You big bewb. Edited by Pete91

You've said rotas are everywhere and then told him a list of wheels of equal popularity/ commonness. You big bewb.

I know, but at least there a little more inkeeping with VW rather than some cheapo JDM rip offs.

Now if you had picked a set of wheels that maybe needed spacers or adapters you could of used it as an excuse to educate your readers on PCD and Offset rather than APR and credit ratings.

You could have picked a few that crossed genres and styles, maybe a thinner set/high offset and talked about tuck, or a wider set/low offset and then debated tyre choice.

See where im going with this ...............................................

Well said. At 17 I didn't have a clue about things like this.

Seeing that "will these fit" is a very common question on these forums, Scotty's idea seems like it could educate quite few of your demographic readers

I know, but at least there a little more inkeeping with VW rather than some cheapo JDM rip offs.

If by inkeeping you mean, cheap and sheep then yes.

Scottys talking real sense! I've had to learn everything and I think by having it spoke about in the feature it would help a lot of people cos all the figures etc are a mind field

• Like 1

I *always speak sense, I'd also like crediting along with little baby Jesus in the magazine when you go down this route.

*sometimes

Im guessing the articles demographic is aimed around the 17-19 year olds who as of yet dont own a set of spanners.

I understand the point of the article is to do it on the cheap but de badging and a set of rotas isnt exactly setting the world on fire.

Originality doesn't always cost big ££££, any kid can pick up a mag and ring for a wheel and tyre package that will fit easyish and on a monthly payment scheme lol

Why not write in a style that will help people go out and try a few things, think for themselves and learn, rather then sit by the door waiting for a delivery guy then taking them down to a tyre place to get them fitted.

It is aimed at younger readers. We do a lot of cars with crazy fitments, camber, arch work etc which is all good for those that don't drive their cars as a daily.

It's not suppose to set the world on fire, just show how easy it is to build a good car. So many younger people are getting put off doing cars due to insurance, petrol costs etc. We've just done a build that was one of the most creative we've ever done, but we try and mix it up.

We do loads of articles on PCD, offset etc

Bloody Rotas. Everywhere.

Whats wrong with some g60 steels, BBS RA or some porsche 928s? At a push Lenso BSX are a cheap wheel.

I assume Rota are donating?

True, all good choices. But, all have been done a lot of times. That all I get told, fit BBS or Porsche rims lol.

if you ask me, those rota osr wheels look mint, not many people have them, and i have never seen a set on a lupo before. lows, spacers, a tiny bit of camber on the rears and half decent interior with flocking ?

Edited by Dave!

You've said rotas are everywhere and then told him a list of wheels of equal popularity/ commonness. You big bewb.

That's what I think also. I'd love to get originals, but SSR XR4 wheels are not exactly cheap. And I think they look a little bit like Starmags, so should suit it.

if you ask me, those osrs look mint, not many people have them, and i have never seen a set on a lupo before. lows, spacers, a tiny bit of camber on the rears and half decent interior with flocking ?

I've never seen them on a Lupo, in fact I don't think I've seen them on anything yet and I got to quite a lot of shows. They may need a bit of spacing, but will worry about that when the car is lowered :)

It is aimed at younger readers. We do a lot of cars with crazy fitments, camber, arch work etc which is all good for those that don't drive their cars as a daily.

It's not suppose to set the world on fire, just show how easy it is to build a good car. So many younger people are getting put off doing cars due to insurance, petrol costs etc. We've just done a build that was one of the most creative we've ever done, but we try and mix it up.

We do loads of articles on PCD, offset etc

I dont think your points add up, wheels are wheels to a certain extent to an insurance company , so wether you have serious wide wheels with arch mods or just simply a decent set up thats an inch or so wider than standard but fills the arch, they are both still declared and costly.

If your doing nothing different whats stopping people just checking out the readers rides on here and seeing 20-30 cars basically done the same way as this one?

And due to the silly amount of "will these fit" questions on forums you are either not selling many mags or selling them to the wrong people if you say you do loads of articles on offset and pcd etc .

• Like 1

Like I said it's an entry level build that won't scare off the younger readers. We are always building cars that have wide wheels, arch work etc. It's a straight simple here's how easy it is to build a fun car.

There will always be questions on forums, that's one of the main reasons people join them. Unfortunately most new forum members that ask advice just get shot down in flames by people with high post counts.

As for PCD/offset articles we can't run these every single month, as it's not exactly rewarding to regular readers. Plus, we run a lot of the content online as well.

I think this is a great project. I'm 24 and just got my first car, unfortunately insurance is still silly but definitely not as bad as if I was younger. Meant my budget could stretch to an Arosa Sport. The other thing is first car and first time spannering on one can be intimidating, I've worked on my own bikes since 17 but having a massive lump of car sat infront of you can still intimidate at first. Basic mods will help ease me (and other younger readers/modders) into it. FYI I also see it the other way round where car mechanics are afraid of touching bikes too lol.

Oh, and OSRs ;)

Edited by Tome

i can see where scotty is getting at and also where you are coming from but rota's seem a bit of a kop out, (im presuming roa have kindly donated to the cause) im sure itd make a more intresting read about finding a good wheel for decent money that had a bit of effort and research put in rather than picking up a phone and ordering a readily available of the shelf wheel,

half the fun is seeking out that certain something, that isnt plastered all over the ad pages,

I think this is a great project. I'm 24 and just got my first car, unfortunately insurance is still silly but definitely not as bad as if I was younger. Meant my budget could stretch to an Arosa Sport. The other thing is first car and first time spannering on one can be intimidating, I've worked on my own bikes since 17 but having a massive lump of car sat infront of you can still intimidate at first. Basic mods will help ease me (and other younger readers/modders) into it. FYI I also see it the other way round where car mechanics are afraid of touching bikes too lol.

Oh, and OSRs ;)

Exactly, ease you into it. That's the whole point of this project :)

i can see where scotty is getting at and also where you are coming from but rota's seem a bit of a kop out, (im presuming roa have kindly donated to the cause) im sure itd make a more intresting read about finding a good wheel for decent money that had a bit of effort and research put in rather than picking up a phone and ordering a readily available of the shelf wheel,

half the fun is seeking out that certain something, that isnt plastered all over the ad pages,

How are they a cop out? Yes, we have sponsors on board of course, but that wasn't why we chose them. And that's the point, they are readily available and people can get them.

FC is full of cars with crazy fitments, and rare wheels and also expensive wheels. The point is, it doesn't have to be hard or expensive to build a car. Also, the OSR is hadly plastered across ad pages. I've never seen a set on a Lupo or another car for that fact.

How are they a cop out? Yes, we have sponsors on board of course, but that wasn't why we chose them. And that's the point, they are readily available and people can get them.

FC is full of cars with crazy fitments, and rare wheels and also expensive wheels. The point is, it doesn't have to be hard or expensive to build a car. Also, the OSR is hadly plastered across ad pages. I've never seen a set on a Lupo or another car for that fact.

christ why so defensive, it may not be why you chose them but its how it looks, i never mentioned anything about rare or crazy fitment wheels, i merely pointed out as a would be reader what i may be more intrested in reading about, and id hazard a guess alot more people would be, anyone can open fast car and pick out a set of wheels from the ad,

also what is hard about doing some researching advising readers theres a far wider and more extensive wealth of parts readily available in other places, and by doing this it doesnt need to be expensive either,

i also have wheels on my car thats never been on a lupo either( as far as i have seen in my 6 years of ownerhsip) but i took my time and did a bit of research and feel better in the knowledge that unless i sell them on you probably wont find another set on a lupo, (again as far as i know and have seen) and they cost me buttons practically

point im making is shouldnt you be taking these points on board as opposed to getting defensive an blunt,

whatever happened to taking constructive criticism and feedback,

as a magazine producing an article for readers and not listening to what potential readers may like to see is quite poor,

• Like 1

Free wheels lol

Took the fun right out of it, searching far flung small websites is far more fun than just picking up a phone and paying £33 per week for the next year or two

christ why so defensive, it may not be why you chose them but its how it looks, i never mentioned anything about rare or crazy fitment wheels, i merely pointed out as a would be reader what i may be more intrested in reading about, and id hazard a guess alot more people would be, anyone can open fast car and pick out a set of wheels from the ad,

also what is hard about doing some researching advising readers theres a far wider and more extensive wealth of parts readily available in other places, and by doing this it doesnt need to be expensive either,

i also have wheels on my car thats never been on a lupo either( as far as i have seen in my 6 years of ownerhsip) but i took my time and did a bit of research and feel better in the knowledge that unless i sell them on you probably wont find another set on a lupo, (again as far as i know and have seen) and they cost me buttons practically

point im making is shouldnt you be taking these points on board as opposed to getting defensive an blunt,

whatever happened to taking constructive criticism and feedback,

as a magazine producing an article for readers and not listening to what potential readers may like to see is quite poor,

i dont really think he's being defensive... your challenging his decisions so hes just replying with his answers and reasons for what hes doing. You havnt seen the article yet as its not been written so how can you comment on whats going to be in it? Glenda and the FC team might decide to do a technical guide and point out forums etc for wheel choice...? thats up to them. They clearly have a good thing going with the mag as its always on the shelf so they are doing something right. theres no doubt he "could" have done what you say... but hes been given the wheels for free by a sponsor... its a project on a budget and im sure you will agree, free wheels are better than any when there is a budget! especially if they are brand new... If they were doing a project on an open limit budget then i would agree with what your saying but they arent...

Scotty put a good point across, and to be fair Glenda gave a good answer back.

• Like 2

Thing is, like it or not, many youngsters are attracted by the wheel and tyre packages as it lets them pay it up.

So this article will be inclusive and of interest to them, which is most likely intended.

...and prices are now dropping, so are being bought by people who have neither the budget nor the inclination to go find a set of wheels to refurb and fit. They just want to buy and drive.

Piers, im just getting at the fact the replys are we could but we dont dont want to, where something like yea thats something we may look into in future write ups or may talk briefly about that,

your point about them doing it on a budget so theyre using the free wheels theyve been given, thats hardly going to be budget for a reader, considering they cost over 700 quid including tyres id hardly call that budget

i just dont feel its a true reflection of building a car on a budget when your picking things based on whats on offer from a sponsor,