my lupo 20v turbo conversion

lupohunty

Hey up mate just a quick question for you.

What way have you run your water pipes to the header tank as i see you have kept it on the oem position if possible can you pop a few pics up if not just say the way you have done yours,,my problem is i dont want to run a long pipe from the drivers side to the header tank which is werethe oem position is for the water out let pipe is

Keep the good work up aswell

Bantan45

• 1 month later...

Hi guys been a while not done alot me really , fitted boost gauge airfilter behind bumper so 3 inch all way now to tip pipe. Car is all together and parked up due to weather i dont like getting her wet lol. I will try get some more picks up just not had much time as i need to finish house before baby comes.

Cheers guys

Very intrested in your email have you got a contact number and id like to see some reviews on your maps . How long to do the map r tech said aweek i was expecting few hours

hey man. head over to www.garagemidnight.com

Give Ryan a call, he can do the map in a few hours whilst you wait! :)

ye I want to come down but its bit far as it would have be trailered down. I will see if get chance in October due to weather they said we having it might stay locked up

• 1 month later...

Alright guys not done much since last update really apart from its mot'd. fited a boost gauge and fitted a 255 walbra intank pump with joe , hoping to get mapped in next few weeks

Hey up mate just a quick question for you.

What way have you run your water pipes to the header tank as i see you have kept it on the oem position if possible can you pop a few pics up if not just say the way you have done yours,,my problem is i dont want to run a long pipe from the drivers side to the header tank which is werethe oem position is for the water out let pipe is

Keep the good work up aswell

Bantan45

yes I have also liked to know :D

• 1 month later...

Hi mate,

Love your build just read it all through.

Out of interest, forgetting about having everything powdercoated. How much did the conversion cost you all together seeing as you done a lot of the work yourself?

Would love to do it to my lupo once I'm ready to get a new car, keep the lupo and do the conversion on it.

Just interested in roughly how much it set you back?

Cheers

• 1 month later...

im not sure to behonest mate if you want to chuck one in id say around £1000 im tempted to do one like this my self as I don't want to get little daisey dirty now lol.

hi guys not been on for a while not much to update really as I had my little lad earlier this month so everything stopped, plus been let down by mappers twice now

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have a undated which has put a little smile on my face , just had a call saying car Is mapped . So next just bumpers to paint and put my seats in maybe a cage on order! . Can't wait to get it out once weather better don't want her muddy lol

Edited by lupohunty

seriously sic work dude!! love it!! how much has this cost you in total do you reckon?? im after the same conversion but for mky mk1 arosa!! :) so with the shafts then, did you have to have them custom made?? or did you make them yourself??

once again!! good work!! :thumbup::thumbup: :thumbup:

seriously sic work dude!! love it!! how much has this cost you in total do you reckon?? im after the same conversion but for mky mk1 arosa!! :) so with the shafts then, did you have to have them custom made?? or did you make them yourself?? once again!! good work!! :thumbup::thumbup: :thumbup:

Cheers mate I'm not sure what it's cost everything new or powdered coated. All bolts/ valves etc new from vw prob looking around 6.5k finished but that's with buying the car , would of cost a bomb paying someone to do it all .

Shafts I made first set then had another set copied and balance properly

Cheers mate

Cheers mate I'm not sure what it's cost everything new or powdered coated. All bolts/ valves etc new from vw prob looking around 6.5k finished but that's with buying the car , would of cost a bomb paying someone to do it all . Shafts I made first set then had another set copied and balance properly Cheers mate

awh superb!! 6.5K is mad ;) but well worth it i can imagine!! yeah PSI tuning wanted 5.5K if i bought everything or 7.5K if they bought everything!! STUPID!! doesnt look like i will be doing this any time soon... ah well!!

loved the read anyway! keep up the good work!

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't drive the car with any other pump as last time I drove it was 12months ago as a 1.0.

I don't have a link I just got it from jrc which is part of demo tweaks .

Bit more work now I have my car back from psi after it going back but that another story .

Started the interior which is scirocco interior from 2012 one , the rears are now in but coming back out to get the foam built up a bit in the middle as the bench is narrower . The fronts are pretty straight forward once it got some steel knocked up and had new subframes using part Lupo and part golf , these are now being powder coated .

Next thing is what steering wheel to go for any ideas guys

F7B24D04-56A5-474E-8535-3168A1CE1FFB_zps

Had bit bad news in work that means I may have to sell my pride which I'd rather not as not even had her out to any events. I have a family to support and there my priority now , car doesn't really need much Alls I was going to do is paint bumpers and tracking doing .

If anyone interested pm me cheers guys