Operating Temperature

booble

What is the normal operating temp of the Lupo once the engine warms up? Does the needle generally stay static once warm?

When I purchased the Lupo originally, the temperature gauge needle would not raise. I had the temp sender replaced.

Since replacing I've noticed on mine that once warm, if say sat at lights or stop start traffic it will raise to above 70 degrees or around that - which I'd expect, however once driving again it will drop, and at times the needle will be around 60 degrees or lower (at the lowest point). It does fluctuate quite a bit when driving - though on a consistent road will drop down. It seems odd behaviour to me as my other car and previous cars once heated remain at a constant temp.

I appreciate its been very cold outside (and this is when I've noticed it) and maybe its ultra efficient at keeping cool, but is this what your Lupo does? or do I likely have a problem somewhere?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks chaps!

Thought it wasn't right. In terms of Thermostat - are you referring to the Temp Sender (as that was replaced) or is this a different part to check?

I have VCDS-Lite - can I check what the gauge is actually reading from this version? if so which module will it be under - apologies, I've only recently purchased my cable and downloaded VCDS-Lite so I'm still finding my way.

Cheers

As above, it should stay straight up on 90.

The ecu controls tha gauge, and will show 90 as long as the actual temp is within the normal operating range (80-100 or whatever it may be)

Change both the temperature sensor and thermostat

the thermostat is a valve in the engine which controls the coolant tempreature and is mechanical,

you should be able to read the temp from the ecu, think it will be in measuring blocks for engine and also check the dashboard blocks.

if you get stuck im only down the road from you drop me a pm if you need a hand