Yoooo

juude

Hey guys,

I've been a member on here for a few years now but finally looking at actually making my mark on here.

A couple of weeks ago a water pipe on my RS Clio 172 split which was uncovered a head gasket failure forced me to get rid and move back to square one as I sold it due to not having enough to repair and afford MOT/Insurance all in the same month.

Hence coming here.

I'm looking for a Lupo now, always loved them but never got round to buying one. Although I'd love a GTI I just don't have enough money at the moment so while I am searching for a decent paying job around the Colchester area I'm looking at buying a little 1.0 to mooch about in.

Had a look at a few, does anyone know what to look out for? How much should I be spending on a standard 1.0? I'm not bothered about the spec, just fancy picking one up and dropping it on some coilys untill I can afford a GTI.

img0620fzf.jpg

Sad 172 =[

Hope to speak to you guys soon! Gonna try stay active :)

Hahaha totally wasn't expecting that! After I saw the first one thought someone was away to say don't buy a lupo just cos it looks good on the outside etc etc.

I often find the best way to find out what sorta things to look for when buying cars is to fire "vw lupo buying guide" or similar into google. Then there's all the usual stuff like rust, knocks/bangs/rattles etc

Okay so nothing majorly goes wrong with them on a regular basis?

Haven't had alot of luck with cars so was hoping this one would be better haha.

If they've been looked after and maintained properly then yes but the big problem with second hand cars is that often they've havn't been looked after! Things like complete history, most importantly full service history, low number of owners etc helps. A thorough investigation of the car before buying too is important and a test drive if possible (instead of buying the car and then finding problem after problem). At the end of the day though there is always an element of luck.

My best advice though is to buy a German car (quality and reliability), steer clear of French stuff, Kias, Hyundais etc. Cheap and nasty!

Edited by sam_vr6

Lupo tdi's are nippy enough and very economical (64.2 mpg combined, £30 to tax). I'm on the lookout for one for a daily, sitting in traffic and driving around town in a vr6 isn't a brilliant idea haha

I bought a decent TDI for a grand two years ago.

2002, less than 100k & a sport model.

You jammy get, well done.