vw lupo gti, raven blue,

GregGLupo

Stunning car mate, always loved this colour for the gti! :thumbsup:

Have you noticed any rubbing under the roof bars? Was going to put my set on this weekend, but wasn't sure if I needed to tape the panel underneath when the bracket sits? :tongueout:

Not really tbh! If there is any, ill just polish it up or paint it again :lol:

Not really tbh! If there is any, ill just polish it up or paint it again :lol:

Hahaha unfortunately we don't all have the luxury of re-painting every panel :tongueout:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bought these MIM's for blasting about/winter wheels, refurbed in white, and fresh toyo's chucked on! 7B70D32C-F6EA-4308-90B1-6261F4E32FE8_zps

Also threw on 3deg camber :)CF331901-CD1E-468E-9760-18F41A3EE2ED_zps

And then 11mm spacers! :D2FB82D8F-D019-484F-878C-880C229F061B_zps

Edited by GregGLupo

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, I ain't been on here in a while! Haha things kinda went downhill for this wee Lupo, winter came, bits got broken, a skyline was bought lol and well she's taken a back seat as my reliable car , for just now or this year at most! :) still a couple bits to buy/fix, bbs to get back on! Did pop a smooth bootlid on it, got it smoothed by a friend then painted it :) thinking of a couple plans for the next year tho , and hopefully get a bit of painting on the go, and make it to a few shows!

So nice! Paints real good too, do you wet sand before you lacquer?
Nah man, just a good sand down after laquer and polish up :)

• 10 months later...

after finishing off paying off the Lupo, was looking to sell and get something newer but couldn't justify it with insurance dropping considerably sooo it's getting a 1.8T haha bought a cheap 180bhp cupra before Xmas for a couple hundred Buck with the plan of rebuilding the engine to a relatively standard spec with the exception of a ko4 setup I bought from a mate off his cupra and a bigger air filter/intercooler etc. Picked up the setup yesterday along with a heap of extra parts!

E7547A37-7737-4AAF-88A3-7E594DE3757E_zps

448696CD-E254-432C-85EE-582947AE2789_zps

Got the ko4 turbo/mani/inlet/charge pipe/maf/ clocks and a heap of other bits to big thanks to My friend  again ? Picking up an uprated water pump and new timing belt kit today to add to parts collection. Most of the work won't start til
After June/July and towards winter but won't hurt to start collecting :) unsure if I'm going to tackle the conversion myself along with some knowledgable as **** mates/Clublupo or possibly give it to a local mechanic who has done a few 1.8t lupos and a 4wd 1.8t Lupo recently , I'll get to that later on in the year, engine rebuild will happen at home with a friend for definate but just unsure about conversion. Any knowledge or help is most appreciated :) :lol:

• 6 months later...

Thought I'd start updating this again! Lupos now off the road so started getting stuck into ripping this Leon apart.  Engine had a loud rattle at top end which ended up being can chain tensioner which costs a monumental £395.... **** that. Picked up a BAM engine locally so Gona go with that now! 2C74EE50-C457-45E1-87A9-591478C8E09B_zps

then got the engine out tonight. 

DFE75C42-E6EA-40DE-BC24-9ACCE5A256AE_zps

Will phone Tps tomorrow to enquire About a mk4 engine mount bracket , read previously there as cheap as chips , or cut out the old one! 

I also have a complete ko4 setup to go along with it as previously mentioned and a 3" turboback from an arosa 20v! Will be getting a dark side g60 flywheel and vr6 clutch kit hopefully next month.

• 4 weeks later...

So good progress lately... BAM engine has ancillaries swapped onto it and running for the final time in the cupra. Lupo if stripped down ready for engine out tomorrow. Then pop the BAM on the crane and into the bay to get wired up! :) here's some photos! D02E7F38-769B-445C-8842-39C3EF3B5AA9_zps

19943D44-C98E-45E8-8BC0-DCDBC81F1B76_zps

One last blast before the 1.6 comes out!!

6D5A230B-BB91-43B3-B7DB-80C295C7EEF9_zps

FBAAE01D-16D7-4B2D-8FFE-5314E9FD7D55_zps

56434EE7-5A93-499C-952A-17AA2490906C_zps

F66545B4-F5C7-4B3E-A61D-306E8CC395DA_zps

Hopefully be running within 2 weeks with the engine still on the crane in the bay! Getting it wired up first then do fabrication work after! I'm giving myself all winter as I'm not in any major rush! March is my latest deadline tho :)

My mechanics way of thinking as he's helping the bulk of the build. ( I'm better at painting cars haha) if we get it running at this stage when there's more room to work and more importantly , trace any wire related problems. Then we won't be backtracking and trying to source the cause of problems once it's all in. :) fab work seems pretty straight forward so hopefully shouldn't have any issues. Welder friend is on hand to help me with the engine mount bracket, chassis notch, flanges etc