vw lupo gti, raven blue,

GregGLupo

• 1 month later...

Roof is now off to get a carbon mould made B) and front end of cage is getting redone again through the dash. Dash will also be getting flocked! No interior going back in so whole floor will get prepped b painted!

IMG_3179.JPG

IMG_3183.JPG

IMG_3184.JPG

IMG_3194.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

Got the cage finished off, then proceeded with removing standard runners and opting for fia approved weld in rails! And sold my 2 corbeau club sports and bought a new sparco grid 2 seat :) have also put down a deposit on a o2j box with a quaife LSD- only covered 800 miles and new bearings! Boost!

IMG_3333.JPG

IMG_3334.JPG

IMG_3348.JPG

IMG_3513.JPG

IMG_3560.JPG

IMG_3566.PNG

IMG_3525.JPG

IMG_3561.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

you should so be painting things like the inside and the tailgate (before fitting) instead of fitting things which will just have to come off again or be pointless masked up.

If you think about an order to do things in then it will be quicker/cheaper.

just some thoughts.....

On 01/05/2017 at 9:58 PM, GregGLupo said:

got the shafts back last Friday, hurt the pocket a bit but at least there done! Beefed up aswell so they should last! They got a quick sand blast on Saturday morning then fired into work and coated them up along with with the cv joints he also blasted! Fingers crossed the car should be going away this weekend for all the welding/fabrication work!

IMG_1923.JPG

IMG_1937.JPG

Got a question which could really help me put if you choose to awnser :D 

What size did you get the n/s shaft shortened to, i have a 20vt aswell my shaft is wrong and i need to re do it, but wanting a base length to go off of, as i think mine at the moment is too short, really liking the yellow aswell btw thats the same route im going down but my cars black :D 

On 24/10/2017 at 4:37 PM, Rich said:

you should so be painting things like the inside and the tailgate (before fitting) instead of fitting things which will just have to come off again or be pointless masked up.

If you think about an order to do things in then it will be quicker/cheaper.

just some thoughts.....

I paint cars for a living so will always be cheap for me :lol:It will all be coming to my work to get painted once it’s driveable, tailgate isn’t bolted up properly. 

21 hours ago, Ryan_lupoo said:

Got a question which could really help me put if you choose to awnser :D 

What size did you get the n/s shaft shortened to, i have a 20vt aswell my shaft is wrong and i need to re do it, but wanting a base length to go off of, as i think mine at the moment is too short, really liking the yellow aswell btw thats the same route im going down but my cars black :D 

Now you’re asking, iirc I took 65mm off overall length but then I ended up lengthening the o/s shsft too by about 30mm

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...