Project Lupo.

Lupokid1

jealous much. my milage has a 1 infront and a few extra thousand ontop :/ and i'm after a set of cambridge lights to help my tranformation :P

• 2 weeks later...

Good to see its gone to a nice lupo :)

Keep up the good work :)

• 1 month later...

Havent posted for a while so thought an update was due. Axle was a pig to fit but now have discs on the back :) Coilovers now on too and car handles great. Just got back from Volksfest yesterday. Was going to put BBS RA's on but a mate of mine swapped them for his Borbets. Well happy ! Heres a few pics from the weekend. Car made it onto the decades display and the show and shine ! Didnt win anything but car got seen by loads and I had a brilliant weekend !

8786_10200694984515503_1615967859_n.jpg

5397_10200694985835536_1906323792_n.jpg

943475_10200694983875487_1056020927_n.jp

998138_10200694997035816_1410548286_n.jp

Decades display ( a car from each decade since 1943 ) and mine got chosen ;)

969075_10200694998075842_922737738_n.jpg

Got spacers on now ( 30mm ) Fat Lupo ?

7902_10200695008476102_1173749059_n.jpg

Decades display...

992890_10200695016996315_70258169_n.jpg

Show and shine ;)

602379_10200695023916488_2068871424_n.jp

Tried some roof bars , look cool actually :)

Loads more to do but from that sad, damaged car at the beginning of this thread I am actually really pleased ! Such a good feeling when it was being shown off over the weekend !

Sorry to say but falling out of love with the Lupo a bit icon_e_sad.gif So many problems all down to suspension and wheels. When we first put the car on the road we had it tracked , it was fine , had the black wheels and 40mm lowering springs with standard shocks. Steering wheel was a bit out so they had it back and tracked again for free. A week later we put the coilovers on, altering everything and it hasnt been right since. Stood still the steering wheel is at about one o clock when the wheels are straight but when driving on a straight road the wheel is at about ten o clock ? Any ideas. Wheels have also been a huge problem too. Axle went in and we had to put 14s on which it ran lovely with. Last friday I then put the Borbets on , all freshly balanced with my spacers on , front balance was still out , rear wheels rubbed on the arches , but without the spacers on the back the back wheels rubbed on the wheel weights on the calipers ! Loose loose situation ! I decided to take the rear wheel weights off so nothing rubbed. Fronts wheels were then balanced again today , but tried putting them on back as tyres were better. Rubbed on weights again ! Do I now take weights off them so I have no weights on any wheels ? Spacers on but now on arches again ! Any ideas what I can do to get it all setup right ? Also got a knocking on the front which I have been told is the adjuster on the coilover worn and one on the back. The one on the back we knew was the shocker moving up and down so put some washers in , cured it for a couple of weeks , now noise back again ! So much wrong with it ! Starting to get pissed off with it and want something else ! Anyone know where I can start ?

Regards your suspension, it's an easy fix!

All you need to do it jack it up, take wheel off, loosen both bottom bolts on coilover, pull the leg out as far it will go. Tighten the bottom bolt, keep the leg pulled out and then do the top one up. . . Cuppa tea. Smile. Done.

It's just the camber knocked out :)

Joe

pulling it out will remove all camber and just leave the natural camber. as regards to wheel weights there not much you can do, how much is rubbing on the calipers? you could just sell up the wheels and find something more suited! some things are just not meant to be! but i wouldn't recommend removing wheel weights, apart from poor driving feel, you can stress bearings, and damage other steering components over an extended period of time.

If you fix the cambers way that mentioned above your front wheels will be like this \ / when you look your car at front.. And you can also pull them out too much so camber will be positive..

hope you understand what i try to tell you, my english is not so good :)

• 2 weeks later...
So , put the Lupo on ebay with a reserve of £2000 with the car being put back to standard and with a buy it now of £2500 with wheels and coilovers ( would have regretted selling wheels ). Well car finished tuesday night and only mad £1850 with 1060 views , 60 watchers and 6 bids. After all the hardwork me and dad put into it when we rebuilt it I am not prepared to give it away , so for now I am keeping it ! Will decide when my renewal for my insurance comes around in March.

So , going to carry on with the project now. Next few things for it are :

Private Plate - A18 LUP

Interior - going to try an get a TT interior as you can make them fit with not much moification.

Rear arches rolled so I can run my Borbets without rubbing

Lower fogs in front bumper

Also going to get my Borbets refurbed and new tyres put on them in couple of months

Bought myself a set of Lupo sport wheels yesterday as spares for when I get the Borbets done. They have been refurbed , stretched conti's on the front and almost new Pirelli's on the back. Gave £40 for them !

My dad is also getting his cabriolet ready for Combe next month. He has bought himself a set of Black , deep dish , porsche wheels. They are 9J and fat ! Going to try em on lupo over the weekend so will put some pics on then.

Spening the day saturday sorting out the little niggles and knocks that were annoying me and were one of the reasons I put it up for sale ! Get it ready for inters !

Onwards and upwards with the Lupo !

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...