Very odd starting problem...

Basically car starts fine from cold, but say I pop to the shop and come out it won't start. Turns over and over and when it does it idles at about 500rpm shudders like crazy then picks up and buzzes of fuel...

Coilpack done with leads and plugs still no joy. What's crankshaft failure symptoms?

look at info in archives could be coolant temp sensor exactly same thing happened to mine new one for 7.50 sorted it out good luck :yes:

I've got exactly the same fault. Some smarta**e suggested I stop going to the shops!

Starts fine from cold or hot, but go into Sainsers for 45mins so it's luke warm and the little b won't start. Winds over and over, splutters into life, runs like a bag of spanners then clears itself. Then away I drive, good as gold. Have had various engine warning lights on for the last 12months. Naughty, I know, but have had the codes read and there's nothing major going on (yet). It seems to be temperature related so I'm taking lindylou's advice and going for the coolant sensor next.

Let us know how you get on :thumbup:

I've got exactly the same fault. Some smarta**e suggested I stop going to the shops!

Why would anyone suggest that you stop going to the shops ? You're female, it's your birthright.

It's like someone saying you should stop hoovering. Muppets.

• Like 1

Haha!

Well I changed the temp sensor after 20minutes of struggling to realise the old seal was still in the pipe! I just let all the coolant drain and replace saves trying to keep it sealed while fiddling with the clip.

Seems to have done the trick, let it get to temp then shut it off for 15 min and started again lovely!

Why would anyone suggest that you stop going to the shops ? You're female, it's your birthright.

I've changed the temp sensor today. I'm going to the shops tomorrow to check it's cured the problem.

Does the builders merchant and motor factors sound girlie enough for you, Rich? :tongueout:

I've changed the temp sensor today. I'm going to the shops tomorrow to check it's cured the problem.

Does the builders merchant and motor factors sound girlie enough for you, Rich? :tongueout:

It sounds like you've got a cock or you're looking for some tbf.

• 3 weeks later...