Francis's Arosa On Rota Grid V

fod91

How did you take the wheel off?

Its pretty easy actually, i thought it would be a lot harder. I disconnected the battery, took the steering column off as its easy to get at the steering wheel, then theres 3 holes in the back of the wheel, each one with a star head screw in it, just screw them off an the airbag should come off will a slight pull, then disconnect the wires from the airbag and then you need a 24mm socket and just take off the centre bolt and the gently pull the steering wheel off, be careful the slip ring doesn't come apart ( as it did to me ) everyone was going on about clips but it has the star head screws instead, unless i removed the wheel without seeing clips :D, heres a general guide i kind of used - http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?764870

Its pretty easy actually, i thought it would be a lot harder. I disconnected the battery, took the steering column off as its easy to get at the steering wheel, then theres 3 holes in the back of the wheel, each one with a star head screw in it, just screw them off an the airbag should come off will a slight pull, then disconnect the wires from the airbag and then you need a 24mm socket and just take off the centre bolt and the gently pull the steering wheel off, be careful the slip ring doesn't come apart ( as it did to me ) everyone was going on about clips but it has the star head screws instead, unless i removed the wheel without seeing clips :D, heres a general guide i kind of used - http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?764870

Arosas must be different to lupos man. The lupos defo have the clips :)

Trial fitted my Mk 4 drivers seat at the weekend, had to remove quite a bit of the frame to get it to clear the carpet though.

Whats the plans for the rears, use the lupo foam or cut the Recaro foam to fit ?

Holy 5hit they must be tight, took all the metal off down to welds on mine and it still slightly rubbed.

Would rather keep the interior intact to either sell complete or put back in if I sell up, so may try and find some cheep rears and cut the Recaro's to fit the new frames.

Plus all the covers need to come off and go in the washing machine cos they're a bit grubby.

Look forward to seeing what you do :thumbsup:

they fitted in no bother and would slide up a bit but yeah it was dragging the carpet when i started pushing it up further. Yeah i was thinking the same, i need black interior parts anyway. yeah you too, wouldn't mind seeing yours in first :D

Front seats in, back seats will be done next week and hopefully will find black carpet an plastics to go in to.

But you said next week dude and mine definitely won't be done by then :D

Edited by GTIChris

this looks so sick i think, the grids are so nice, wish i bought some :( et0 on the rears too that's mental please lower it more and make it sit flush, it will be incredible then. :thumbup: