interior panel blues

im currently pulling apart a set of door cards to mix and match some black trim to go with my light grey interior that seat threw into my car. im wanting the black netting and speaker grills off the lowers and door handle of the uppers. the lower cards are all plastic welded together so ive been attempting to slice through them with a crafting knife but havent managed to do half the welds on one set before sticking the blade deep into my finger. so then i tried to melt the welds off with a soldering iron but have just managed to melt the pieces together stronger. does anyone have any ingenious suggestions on how i can do this as ive got 4 lowers to do and at this rate i'll have it done next year at the expense of some of my fingers. all i can find online is how plastic welds are done but nothing as to how they can be undone. im guessing the door handles are slightly easier as people have them up for grabs some times but any light on that would be much appreciated too

I used the soldering iron option, worked a treat for me, just make sure you keep the pressure on the fixings as you're warming the connections, that way as soon as they weaken you can pull them through.

should i be like sticking the iron down the hole if you get me then pulling? i was trying to sort of rub the plastic off so kinda made a pigs of it, the plan was to pull it apart but by the time i put the iron down safely the plastic had bloody set. cheers for getting back to me pete

No worries bud, you wanna be doing a circular motion around the edge of the plastic, as the inside part is kinda like a press stud from the other side, so warm up the outer ring and the middle part pulls through, careful of the fumes tho!