Hello from FC Towers...

glenda@fastcar

I don't really buy car mags anymore, kinda depresses me, plus I don't really follow any particular scene so 85% of the content I don't find interesting. Mainly just classified and parts list from performance sellers.

That's a bit few years ago really fella. We don't really talk about getting pissed, as doesn't really mix with cars. We are aimed at the younger end of the market, but our readership age is quite varied. We cover cars, lifestyle and quite a bit of tech. Next issue has the 700bhp Bisimoto 911, 500bhp FN2 Civic, 600bhp Corsa B, twin turbo 580bhp BMW M3, a 20V Lupo and a 6-page tech guide on turbos.

i know about said lupo... naughty bit of kit...

if the corsa at 600bhp is still FWD he needs shooting.

i must give a bit of credit to the team at FC as recently there do seem to be some nice cars. Iv not bought the mag for ages but occasionally pick it up to see whats in it. I think it got better when you stopped featuring cars with bodykits.

When I were a wee lad car mags were all about, body kits, piper x exhausts,names of the cars that links in with its colour 'pink panther' etc printed in big bold letters, tits,tits,and more tits, and a 15 pages at the rear for hot hatch young drivers insurance.

They were shite

Rich, please don't feel you have to comment on every thread.

And if anyone has criticism of FC, try and be constructive so Glenda can either explain their reasons or try to fix it.

I hate this "single marque" and only "Euro's the only way" attitude.

"they suck" is not constructive criticism. If you don't give a valid opinion why you think it sucks how can "they" change their slant to give "what is desired" to make it better.

Earlier you gave, in your opinion, a valid argument as to why you don't like FC. Glenda fed back that FC has changed that attitude in their mag.

They cannot improve without real feedback.

i know about said lupo... naughty bit of kit...

if the corsa at 600bhp is still FWD he needs shooting.

i must give a bit of credit to the team at FC as recently there do seem to be some nice cars. Iv not bought the mag for ages but occasionally pick it up to see whats in it. I think it got better when you stopped featuring cars with bodykits.

It's been a long time since the bodykit cars. True, they were lairy and although they never were my thing they sold mags and lots of them. Luckily we moved on a long while ago, if we hadn't we'd no longer be here. As simple as that really. Fast Car has been around since 1987, so we most be doing something right.

We still get a lot of stick from the so called 'show car' people as we won't feature crazy bodywork anymore. But times and styles change.

When I were a wee lad car mags were all about, body kits, piper x exhausts,names of the cars that links in with its colour 'pink panther' etc printed in big bold letters, tits,tits,and more tits, and a 15 pages at the rear for hot hatch young drivers insurance.

They were shite

Like I say times change. All the same, people loved that stuff. MP Live used to fill three days at the NEC.

Like I say times change. All the same, people loved that stuff. MP Live used to fill three days at the NEC.

I know, I went, got some good pics of Jordan back in the day.

Rich, please don't feel you have to comment on every thread.

And if anyone has criticism of FC, try and be constructive so Glenda can either explain their reasons or try to fix it.

I hate this "single marque" and only "Euro's the only way" attitude.

We have more variety than ever. Of course there's a lot of wide wheels and stance, but it's an international movement now. We see cars of this nature from Europe, the US, Japan, Thailand and even Korea.

Amazingly we've even done a Russian and Korean digital edition recently.

I reckon we should organise a lupo meet in near bath when thy finish the project, have a club lupo feature in the magazine!

Well I deff want to mention the club in the feature. As I'm sure it will be a great resource for the build. My only VW experience is campervans and Mk1 Golfs really. Othet than that most of my builds have been French (still have an AX GT) and Japanese.

Welcome to clublupo glenda

There is definitely something special about Lupo's, welcome and enjoy :)

Thanks Joe :)

We have more variety than ever. Of course there's a lot of wide wheels and stance, but it's an international movement now. We see cars of this nature from Europe, the US, Japan, Thailand and even Korea.

Amazingly we've even done a Russian and Korean digital edition recently.

Russian cars are actually where it is at, you should go over and find a correspondent.

You still have that AX Glen?! Haha was mega back in the day

Your right about what you've said. It doesn't matter about your taste, it's the taste of the buyer and the 90's-2006 (ish) was all about bodykits in mags. I remember the red smooth focus that was on the cover years ago. That's when it changed.

Mk1 golf knowledge you say? That might come in handy... Plus If you know the right people for free conversion parts give me a shout lol

I have all the mk1 golf knowledge you need.

Jesus Ben is providing me with incentive to give him knowledge, he just needs to provide more.

Where is Jesus Ben atm ?

Russian cars are actually where it is at, you should go over and find a correspondent.

So true, they are doing some amazing stuff. Like I say, we've even done a Russian edition. Our old mag Editor (he's just gone to Dubai) spoke Russian, so have some good connections.

You still have that AX Glen?! Haha was mega back in the day

Your right about what you've said. It doesn't matter about your taste, it's the taste of the buyer and the 90's-2006 (ish) was all about bodykits in mags. I remember the red smooth focus that was on the cover years ago. That's when it changed.

Mk1 golf knowledge you say? That might come in handy... Plus If you know the right people for free conversion parts give me a shout lol

Yup, sure do. I'm currently doing a tear down and rebuild. Going back to original features, very rally inspired. Can't wait to hear the ITBs roaring again :)

You might want to look at friends ax. He owns a orginal Gti (ex press car)

http://www.citroenax.net/gtimagazinearticles.htm

That's crazy. Know that car from all the pics of it. It's nearly as famous as Ken Barlow's AX GT R.I.P!

• Like 1

That's crazy. Know that car from all the pics of it. It's nearly as famous as Ken Barlow's AX GT R.I.P!

He bought it a while back. He has done a bit of work to it. But he has said he wants to get a couple of things sorted on it. He even took it to a classic car show.

Edited by lupo1.0se