Fox TDI?

sam_vr6

Just been doing a little bit of research into fox's as I don't know alot about them, to see what engines are available. I'm currently on the lookout for a lupo tdi but thought I may as well take a look at the newer version.....

What I have found is that there are far less engine variants and they are alot cheaper cos they've been stripped down with many items being optional extras (to keep initial price tag down).

1.2L petrol

1.4L petrol

1.4 tdi

However I can't seem to find any fox tdi's for sale despite finding website's discussing them. Tried autotrader, gumtree, pistonheads and scot-ads.....

Are fox tdi's uber rare or something? Or is wikipedia and other websites lying to me?

Seems a strange reason not to import them, cost. I would of thought they'd be a very popular car as they're cheap and very economical. Probably is the case though that they weren't sold in this country. Through google searching I did find a thread from a forum in America that said they were never sold in America and only way to get one was an import.

Fox's never really took off when they sold anyway, I got rid of mine on 56 plate for 1800 literally mint lol cat d, but yeah i think there is a tdi version which also comes with alloys I think?

Edited by Sammy Lupo

If there was a tdi version released in the UK i'm surprised it wasn't a good seller compared to the petrols as it's super cheap to run. I am aware though that alot of people are put off diesels by the higher initial cost and higher fuel cost.

Maybe because the Lupo TDI didn't sell that well?

May explain why there's not very many for sale atm.....surprises me though as they're very economical and German (ie superior car).

Suppose though folk were probably buying other gutless French rubbish or similar.

Edited by sam_vr6

Suppose though folk were probably buying other gutless French rubbish or similar.

Nail on the head methinks :lol:

Stupid British car buyer's of 2001-05, because of not many lupo tdis selling, me a whole bunch of years later is struggling to find a good one.

I put 2001 in there btw as i'm wanting a post 2001 tdi so it's £30 road tax and not £135!