Toms Red Lupo Sport

Tom_C

Hey fellow Lupo'ers, Tom here. I feel that its about time that I make my on topic for my Loop. So I've been on these forums since last summer browsing for ideas and general boredom killing.

So I past my test last May than 2 days kater jetted of to America to work at a camp for my summer., During this time my old man decided to go out and purchase me my very own Lupo... ( Not quite a surprise, only car I wanted to start of with and told him to keep an eye out while away)

Anyway got back late September so only really been driving it for a few months so nothing really major done to it yet, but have so many ideas as long as my budget holds out... Got it completely standard minus a 'boy racer' style gear knob.

Its a nice little Lupo Sport 1.4 16v ( had a soft spot for the centre exhaust so wanted this one more than anything ) It cost me £800, And insurance costs £1200, being 21 and first car. Had just over 10k miles so had been driven a bit, had to replace cam belt and door hinge but that's all that's really had to be done....

Although the horn and central locking are not working and drivers side window doesn't work;.

This may get photo heavy pretty quick, quite a few saved pictures all ready to go.

Hopefully if my picture uploading skills are on point your be able to see what I'm working with...

IMG_2443_zpsb959280a.jpg

IMG_2446_zpse9f4fb4c.jpg

IMG_2486_zpse82b36f1.jpg

IMG_2491_zpsb09f4869.jpg

Things I'd Like to do:

• Lower on Coilovers
  • New Wheels ( unsure on which ones)
  • GTI exhaust
  • Brand new head unit - Going Double Din
  • New speakers - preferably component ( unsure on make )
  • New seats - Something better than 'Tom the mouse' seats
  • Wind Deflectors
  • De-Badge rear
  • Colour front and rear badges
  • Boot Build
  • VW Mudflaps Going to get new ones, as want OEM ones
  • Red Stitched Gaiter
  • LED Number Plate Lights
  • Auto Glym Vallet bag + products
  • Lupo GTI HT leads)

So this is me for now... will keep you posted on little things I have done so far, questions always welcome and be happy to share any ideas :D

Adiós, Tom....

P.s I'm based in Herne Bay Kent, so I obviously be looking at going to some meets, never gone as a driver always a passenger.

Edited by Tom_C

Looking clean! Do your seats have patterns on, or are they just red? How dark is the grey, i.e. is it charcoal? If so, I may just have them off you! :)

Edited by Arosa.Al

Hey Alex, cheers first off.... well atm I'm keeping hold of interior as don't have budget to replace it, not sure what i'm wanting maybe look at trying to get hold of some GTI interior be sweet.. Getting new head unit and exhaust first so interior has to wait :D

Yea it was, apart from it doing a few odd miles its pretty good. Minus this wierd stuff all over the wheels. haven't got a clue what that stuff is, but defiantly not dirt

Well big update happened today, took a trip out to halfords and came back with this....

fits so wonderfully, snug as a glove

IMG_2777.jpg

Colour of lights match all dash lights too, it was fate to have this!

IMG_2776.jpg

So going to just keep coming with all the litle mods and what not Ive done to it since owning it, keep thread alive and with lots of pictures..

First thing I really did was to add a vw sticker on my key fob (was really annoying not having one)

IMG_2515_zps1480f273.jpg

IMG_2520_zpsa6f6b65c.jpg

Next was defiantly some sticker bombing!!!

STICKER BOMBING TIME

So I thought that I should have atleast one little bit of sticker bomb on the car, so heres the area that got the makeover!

IMG_2621_zpsd609c8dc.jpg

Here's the lovely sheet I chose

IMG_2618_zps26ac2e0e.jpg

Main sheet for mirror

IMG_2626_zpsed5d708b.jpg

Struggled a little trying to get it flat, so had to trim some off

IMG_2630_zpse1720faf.jpg

Found the perfect replaceable sticker section. 'Gas or Ass, no free rides' classic

IMG_2631_zpsda31e6f6.jpg

Stickering complete, covered all the edges too which was a result

IMG_2635_zpscce13ac0.jpg

Little help from the old man to warm up window and place it in

IMG_2645_zpsf1a9ec02.jpg

And BOOOM here's what it came out like, impressed with it alot!!

IMG_2648_zps0712f3eb.jpg

P.S... Just a note, about a week and a bit later after struck it up, it kinda fell of a little bit, so atm sitting on my desk until I get round to re-applying it.. :(

That's it for now, cheers

comments and the like welcome :D

Oh no when i mean it fell of, i mean it fell off... the whole thing is off mirror and mirror arm, I just have the black spot on the window where the mirror should be...

I twisted it off to get it off in first place, but couldnt push it back on with out being scared id break the glass so the arm came off and re stuck it with adhesive sticker thingy and well didnt work very well..

Nice mate, what kinda coilovers you wanting to get?

You said the car had just over 10k miles, do you not mean 100k? If it is 10k then £800 is an absolute steal!

Not too sure atm, but most proberlly some that are cheap, don't want to spend shed loads on a set so any ideas are welcomed on good cheap sets..

and yea I may have missed a 0 ha defiantly 100 :D

Cheers Skezza, bit of a state at the mo, decided to go down some very muddy country lanes and let the snow and rain wash it over this winter period... feel tomorrow will be cleaning day

If you're wanting cheap-ish AP is your best bet (many folk on my local vw forum rave about them). They're not cheapest but extremely good quality etc for the price.

http://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/ap-coilover-suspension-kitbr-lupo-10-14-14tdi-17sdi-1098-p-5089.html

Should be able to pick up second hand ones far cheaper though!

jeez Louise there a bit too much for my budget, will deffo look at second hand ones, search eBay and see if any come up for sale here... what are springs like or is it a case of just save up and get coil overs

I'm no expert on springs but I know they're a fair bit cheaper but I think you can't drop your ride height very much, hopefully someone will verify if i'm right?

Thing with AP coilovers though is you get really good quality, long lasting, reliable coilovers for a really good price. Second hand is always good though, that's how I roll.

FK Silverlines may be a good option too btw, they're cheaper than APs. I almost bought a brand new set for my vr6 (FK were doing a massive sale at the time).

Wait sorry no FK Silverlines are NOT cheaper than AP's, most FK coils are, but not silverlines.

Tbh i'm no coilover expert, just no few bits about coilovers that have been recommended, personally I always go for quality and reliabilty at a good price ie AP. Top of the range coils like Koni & KW are almost £1000 a set brand new!

Edited by sam_vr6

Yea well seen some coil overs on eBay like brand new for around £190, but most are blue and got red car wanna colour match and all ha, safe to say not in too much of a hurry to purchase any..