Remote locking not working?

TArosa

Just bought a mk2 arosa 1.0s "03" of a mate and it has remote locking key fob OEM; the fob LED lights up when you click either buttons but the car doesn't lock or unlock. Has anyone got any suggestions, much appreciated.

Rob

i dont uinfortunetly but is this the process you were refering to?...

"First off, you require 2 keys to do it without a diag tool or your wasting your time.

1. Put 1 key in the ignition and turn the ignition on. (this way the car knows its got a known key in it and is happy)

2. Close all the doors and boot. (The car hates getting a chill and you need to keep it happy)

3. Put your other key in the drivers door and manually lock the car. (Remember the car is happy as it has a known key in the ignition and now you have a second key and manually locked it, it still knows its safe and will accept a new remote signal)

4. Press the button on the remote and you will hear a 'chirp' of acceptance. (This is the car letting you know its delighted to have another remote signal stored)

5. Manually unlock the car. (So it knows not to accept any other signals)

6.Turn off the ignition remove the key, close the door and confirm operation of the remote.

7. Your now as happy as the car "

cheers for the advice on what to look for though pete :)... i would have started ripping thing apart looking for problems being a hand fisted fitter ha

• 1 month later...

had this plugged into vagcom a month or soo ago following this and the car wouldnt recognise the key; the lad said it might be the com fort module??..

another point is that the auto-lock & unlock was turned on but only the auto-lock worked, could this be related as i know the module controls windows and locking.

also if i was to need a new CCM what do i need to be looking for? certain amount of pins in the plug? or does it have to be a dealer part?

thanks

the comfort module is behind the fuse box, you can just about get it out without removing the dash, it is a black box with three large plugs going into it about the size of two fag packets(ish) if you get it out you will need the part no from it, i think most lupos/arosas have the same part no just letters on the end different you will need the exact same one, i do have one here if the part nos match £30 posted i will find my part no later