My lupo project almost barn find

harrysteele9

So i was offered a 1.0 lupo buy a man he said come have a look i only want 500£ for it , it need a little bit of work, when i got there , i see this lupo parked up covered in mud and all sorts , it had 2 flat tyres all the alloys were scuffed every pannal had a dint on it including the roof , so then i knew i needed a full respray , i got in the car tried starting it up , it had a flat battery so we jump started it , when it started it was running lumpy and worst it was running only on 3 cylinders tried to move it put the clutch down there was nothing obviously the dreaded lupo peddle box issue , the interior stunk of damp , the head liner was ruin couldn't even open the boot , the stereo didn't work , no tax or test , i said to the bloke i will give you 200£ for it he said yes, so we towed the poor lupo home , i started by washing it to see what i had to do , after this i put a new battery on it , did a full engine and brake over hall , the 4th cylinder started ;) so it was now running fine and the brakes worked ,then i started to take the interior out and the peddle box a week later my dad welded the peddle box so i put that back in the clutch worked! luckily , i then bought some new wheels 40mm lowering springs witch i later replaced with coil overs, heater resistor new boot lock debaged grill new window winders central locking kit , hid light kit , and all sorts of other things ,also painted the headline black with fabric paint so now the car was sitting low and driving properly and everything working , got it MOT and taxed took it to a body shop to do the respray and get all the dints out , and this is a few pictures of its improvement , i am sure i have left alot of stuff out but i will add later , this was over 4 months , will keep updating

398344_4781247167872_1086034208_n_zps49b

665139_4864292083943_90226282_o_zpse39d6

IMG_1209_zpsaaab98fd.jpg

149999_10200423535489731_1662004926_n_zp

You've done alot! Well done! I don't like your choice of wheels, mirrors or the bad boy bonnet, however, it is your car. You will get opinions, some will like it, some won't. But well done for getting her back up and running! :)

You've done alot! Well done! I don't like your choice of wheels, mirrors or the bad boy bonnet, however, it is your car. You will get opinions, some will like it, some won't. But well done for getting her back up and running! :)

i hate the mirrors they came on it though might change them , and i bought the wheels in a rush to get it MOT they are getting changed also

I also like the sound of the interior. Between the wheels, mirrors & bonnet the exterior is looking pretty chavtastic. Nice work getting a bargain & bringing her back to life though.

I think that's what they call a **** sandwich. ;)

I also like the sound of the interior. Between the wheels, mirrors & bonnet the exterior is looking pretty chavtastic. Nice work getting a bargain & bringing her back to life though.

I think that's what they call a **** sandwich. ;)

like i said mirrors and wheels are getting changed and it not chavvy what so every , i like the badboy bonnets on lupo's i saw a few and really like it , just me i'm totaly the opposite of a chav

There there. I just really hate bad boy bonnets, they've been done to death & spoil the Lupo's quirky looks imo. In fairness, the curvature looks a hell of a lot better than the ones I've seen far too many of that are just a straight line across the headlight, which tends to involve the bonnet not quite fitting properly.

Good effort mate :thumbsup:

Koop, i'm surprised your* not all over the grammer** in Harry's sig.

*you're

**grammar

He's new, I'm trying to go easy on him. ;)

The grammar is fine, there's just a little excessive punctuation

:ninja:

It's worth it for the phrase 'generic spanking' having been used if nothing else, bravo Dubmuffin :lol:

There there. I just really hate bad boy bonnets, they've been done to death & spoil the Lupo's quirky looks imo. In fairness, the curvature looks a hell of a lot better than the ones I've seen far too many of that are just a straight line across the headlight, which tends to involve the bonnet not quite fitting properly.

*you're

**grammar

He's new, I'm trying to go easy on him. ;)

The grammar is fine, there's just a little excessive punctuation

:ninja:

Just realised how much of an arsehole i made of my comment. I meant punctuation and didn't mean to **** up the spelling haha.

Nice work on saving the lupo man, what kind of mileage is she on?

Sorry to say but I agree with everybody else when it comes to the bonnet, I'm yet to see a lupo with a bonnet extension that actually suits the car but I'm open to being proved wrong. Lupos just don't suit aggressive styling.

• Like 1

I think its looking good, not to everyones taste 'see above' but the badboy bonnet isn't that sharp across the eyes and I think in a nice shiny polished black this will turn out good.....take time to choose those wheels

Nice work on saving the lupo man, what kind of mileage is she on?

Sorry to say but I agree with everybody else when it comes to the bonnet, I'm yet to see a lupo with a bonnet extension that actually suits the car but I'm open to being proved wrong. Lupos just don't suit aggressive styling.

Thank you i'm keeping an eye out for some cheap BBS , mileage is 89,000 its only had 2 owners from new im the third for a 12 year old car that's not bad, but god the previous owners didn't half abuse the poor thing

Excellent job on saving it from certain death. As everyone else has said the bonnet is not to my taste, but its your car. Looking forward to the progress though! Keep up the good work!

Alex