New member + First car

clifford94

well i aint going to be touching engine im leaving that standard, only the looks its only my first car so dont want to spend much like i did on my bikes....

i can handle the abuse from others :) not like my car is ilegal like most i see everyday . mines standard still ;)

well i aint going to be touching engine im leaving that standard, only the looks its only my first car so dont want to spend much like i did on my bikes....

i can handle the abuse from others :) not like my car is ilegal like most i see everyday . mines standard still ;)

lol it dont matter still everyone will say needs to be declared just wouldnt say much about it

No it's not "all good"! If you ever need your insurance for anything they will inspect your car for things uninsured therefore voiding your insurance and landing you in a hole heap of poop, not just for yourself but the other people who may need your insurance to cover damage to their car. Be considerate and declare your mods.

after alot of thinking and my isurance wont give me a qoute on mods i aint touching the car, except the genrally painting and wrapping few things.. get some proper vw lupo alloys so they are standard. just keep it tidy then when it comes to the end of the year go and buy a golf 1.9 tdi and modify that and declare the mods :) didnt realise there was much of a differnce in the grils but shame that /:

after alot of thinking and my isurance wont give me a qoute on mods i aint touching the car, except the genrally painting and wrapping few things.. get some proper vw lupo alloys so they are standard. just keep it tidy then when it comes to the end of the year go and buy a golf 1.9 tdi and modify that and declare the mods :) didnt realise there was much of a differnce in the grils but shame that /:

Changing the grill is a mod. Anything that is different to the factory spec is a mod. Even putting alloys on your car is a mod that needs declared (shouldn't affect your insure too much though).

well when i tried getting a qoute said we dont allow mods so waiting for my next car then i will mod.. i have rung them up and they said long as it doesnt make your car faster/more power or the body wider e.g body kits spoilers its ok. and no over sized wheels and they have to be proper vw alloys not any other after market ones. so im all safe :) but i did really want minilite wheels :(

if the cars down as having steelies and they see its got alloys, standerd vdub ones or not they'll see it as a reason to not pay out in the event of you having an accident. saw summert on the news a while back about a bloke who bought a 3 series that had angel eyes but the insurer had it down not having them so when he went to claim they refused and it wasnt even his fault as he bought it like that. insurers want to be fannies so its best just not giving them reason too be

I've just requested a renewal qoute on mine, mentioned I'm lowering 40mm and after market alloys. Gone up 40 quid. I'm happy with that. Like people on here say best to declare and stay legal.

well i went to get a qoute online and i ticked mods then the next page was about tick all the mods i had done i put aftermarket alloys the same size and woudnt give me a qoute, then it said performance suspension wouldnt qoute me but all i want to do is lower it a tiny tiny bit will problly still look high but just that tiny bit lower.. i might try ringing them up and asking what i can actaully do because atm im bord of my car becuase i cant touch it /: can some one link me to a grill i can have put onto my lupo 1.0 1999 please every one i try and find is for a gti and there the nicest ones going /: