Another polo problem

forsh21

Hi I've got another related polo question, I know this isn't the the polo forum but I find that I get a better response on here.

My sisters polo 1.2 2002 with 66,000 miles as decided to start misfiring, it doesn't cut but gets to a point were its about to. I've included a link with a person who had the same problem, of which he seemed to solve but not sure how he did this.

http://www.justanswer.com/uk-car/6v1fa-vw-polo-1-2-2005-55-plate-cyl-keeps-misfiring-intermittently-bringing.html

As anyone come across this problem before? I believe the polos have a common fault with these engines.

Any advice would be appreciated

Cheers

Paul

Edited by forsh21

It looks like he claimed to have replaced the coil pack when he hadn't, replacing it fixed his problem. You need to get it scanned and see what fault codes it comes up with then go from there.

This.

Could be plugs or leads also.

Fixed hopefully, New coilpacks fitted, but after reading into what other people have said who had the same problem basically the coilpacks sort the problem out for about a week and then it goes back to misfiring hopefully this won't happen.

Did a compression test and got 189psi (cyl 1), 200 psi (cyl 2) and 194 psi (cyl 3) so that to me seems good?