Steering wheel!

so.. im just wondering does anyone know if a audi a3 steering wheel would be a straight swap i know it goes on because i came across a loop on fle-bay and it had one on it and i had one lying around in the shed so thought i would ask before i try it because i dont want to put it on and something happen to the air bag or take mine off and realise it was a waste of time haha.

Cheers ,Owen.

iv got one from an X reg A3 i want on mine was hoping to find some one who had done it already

main reason i want to change is my air bag didnt go off when i hit a tree at 30 so dont think ist any good :P

haha.. yeah hoping to find someone that had done it too.. thats what im worried about the air bag not working or randomly go off :surprised: I think it looks quite cool though.. cant seem to find the picture now either haha.

iv got one from an X reg A3 i want on mine was hoping to find some one who had done it already

main reason i want to change is my air bag didnt go off when i hit a tree at 30 so dont think ist any good :P

A specific set of conditions have to be met for the airbag to deploy, and if you are still driving the car after hitting a tree at 30mph it must have been a damn skinny tree!

no just hit it at 30 was as halfway throo spinning my car so was like a bounce off the tree and continue spinning, no airbags or nothing :)

ohh and it bent my rad smashed the rad fan Fked the slam panel and pushed the crash panel to touch the rad poped the bumper off and pulled both wheel arch lining's out and broke all 3 lugs off both headlights :')

and broke both ends and middle of the indicator panel and grille

worst of all tho i scratched the VW badge :'(

5 hours the next day straitening crash panel up with a 10 ton press and a pack of cable ties it fitted again :P

Edited by SamEdwardSwain1

The A3 steering wheels doesn't fit directly on, there are different holes for it to fit on, they are marked out on the Audi steering wheel and need to be drilled. Although there is a little red thing that has a spring on it, no idea what it is, but that also has to be moved and adjusted, a friend of mine had his done, and the airbag will not work, he has an error message on VAGCOM saying inflation too high? So he just removed it and got on with it.