Front seat's on a lupo

Christofbmx

mk4 golf fit, the only modification required is grind the base down abit

but ive heard theres a trick to get them in without modification

Edited by patroddy

mk4 golf fit, the only modification required is grind the base down abit

but ive heard theres a trick to get them in without modification

Some modification is going to be required. Grind the bases or swap the seat backs & cushions onto Lupo seat bases. Removing the carpet might work as the issue is they won't slide forward cos they catch on the carpet, but that's still a modification.

I'm not sure what you mean but I call bull**** anyway, it'll still foul on the carpet if you don't grind the bases down.

Some modification is going to be required. Grind the bases or swap the seat backs & cushions onto Lupo seat bases. Removing the carpet might work as the issue is they won't slide forward cos they catch on the carpet, but that's still a modification.

thats what i believed however i think it was fob (andy rowell) was saying theres some trick ...

not a clear picture or a how to but... http://forums.clublu...wtopic=91480 .. seats clearly fit and no fouling.

So what did you actually do to get them to fit? It's possible non-sport/recaro ones are slightly different I suppose.

thats what i believed however i think it was fob (andy rowell) was saying theres some trick ...

So what did you actually do to get them to fit? It's possible non-sport/recaro ones are slightly different I suppose.

There is a trick hah but it isn't easy. I got a set of genuine recaros and wanted to fit them without grinding as I knew i would probably sell them on in the future.

They fit into the runners but because the runners in the lupo have teeth, there is a small triangle assembly on the left (Drivers) runner which is for holding the seatbelt in place and this is the only thing that was catching. You can push the runners in as far as you can and while a friend pulls the seat release on the front, you sit in the back and push forward on the seatbelt assembly (push towards windscreen) and you can nudge it down enough so that it passes the teeth on the runners and you simply push with force whilst doing these things and the seats slide in no problem.

However they are hard to adjust but I just put mine in my driving positon and it was fine and if needs be you can just pull the seatbelt clip towards the windscreen and use the seat release to nudge it forwards or backwards. It takes a bit of time to get the trick right but I promise you first hand IT CAN BE DONE WITHOUT GRINDING

Yeah I have to move the seatbelt clip forward to allow mine to slide, if I forced it forward before grinding it would have torn the carpet to shreds though. Maybe Recaros are slightly different? Maybe a couple of you were just lucky? I'll concede it may be possible without grinding, but not in every case. And if they don't adjust properly, it's an MOT fail.