New member- soft blue openair

Abbie135

Hi, bought my standard loop a few months back to learn in and have my test booked for in a couple of weeks. Haven't done anything with my car yet but found some pictures of it with it's previous owner mods, not sure what to do with it to look good on a students budget!

(pictures to follow once I figured out how)

Thanks for looking :)

Abbie

Welcome! :) Massive fan of open air! To upload a picture get a photo sharing account on photobucket or Flickr, copy the picture URL and click image in a new comment and paste it in! Best thing to do is keep mods subtle and keep it clean, no point doing huge mods as insurance is extortionate. Good luck for your test! :)

Edited by Arosa.Al

Welcome! :) Massive fan of open air! To upload a picture get a photo sharing account on photobucket or Flickr, copy the picture URL and click image in a new comment and paste it in! Best thing to do is keep mods subtle and keep it clean, no point doing huge mods as insurance is extortionate. Good luck for your test! :)

Brilliant thank you think I'm ready to try uploading a photo of Layla the loop now il have a go!

And yeah I think you're right, insurance isn't too bad as it is but anything major would put it up waay too much to afford

Thank you :)

Edited by Abbie135

Awesome loop, got to say I have a soft spot for an open air.. Would say on cheap things to change, maybes do away with the tinted indicator lenses and change the ariel but smart car :) looks clean

Yeah I love the roof can't wait for some better weather to make use of it!

Indicator lenses were gone before it got delivered, and that's a good idea, any recommendations of what aerial would look good?

Edited by Abbie135

It is a sweet open top but a lot of money has been spent; if only we all had that budget :)

Certainly is! I know, we can dream :)

awesome lupo, love the open air!

Looks wicked base mate love the colour and the open air on to a winner there mate :thumbsup:

yeah chuffed I managed to get open air and colour combo as well as 1.0 so I can afford insurance as a 17 year old!

Currently working on finding a few basic parts to get her up to scratch (trim clips, arch liner etc) and paint on aerial is peeling so need to sort a new one, although slightly concerned as to how easy it will be to change :s

Today I discovered that my rear badge isn't the original one (face palm) looks more like a sharan badge, need to sort that

Thanks for looking :)

Abbie

If its on the actual aerial you can just buy a beesting for £2.50 on eBay. They unscrew. Simple.

If its the base of the aerial I didn't think these were painted but this requires peeling the roof lining back and stuff. There's a guide somewhere on here ill find for you if it's that.

If its on the actual aerial you can just buy a beesting for £2.50 on eBay. They unscrew. Simple.

Look at the pictures, it isn't original and it's slightly bent. Signs of a drive through car wash. . . . . .

Yeah it's on the actual aerial that the paint is peeling, so will that just unscrew? I think the base is fine, so just need a new aerial that will fit the base :)

Il post some pictures later of how the car was with its previous owner, googled my reg number and found a 'spotted' thread from another site

Abbie :)