Breaking gti?

CJ N

Just wondering what kind of money i would get if i broke my gti. Mechanically its sweet, always been serviced and used quality parts. Body wise the front and back wing are the only issues. I bought a replacement wing for it but haven't got round to sorting it out.

CJ

Surely if the only issues are bodywork and you're a bodywork repairer then it would be easier to sort it or has it been smashed ?

The time taken to break it,advertise all the parts either on here or flea bay,package them all up and send them would far outweigh the time to fix it.

Spose it depends on if you really want to keep it at the end of the day.

Im in two minds. I can get the work done on the panels n stuff easy. It comes down to matching up the paint. I havnt a clue what colour it is. Blending in is gonna be a nightmare if i get that side sprayed. Also alot of the paint has faded really bad on the roof and bonnet, its like someone has took a brillo pad on it. And lacquer has started to peal in places. So realisticlly im looking at painting the whole car again.

The money im gonna spend on paint i could put tht towards another car and get money from this one by breaking it. But like i said im in two minds at the moment. Ill take some pics over the weekend to show you what kind of damage the car has on it and the work that needs to be done. And also the condition of the inside an stuff.

Edited by CJ N

Heres a pic from players

IMG_4112.jpg

On the the day me and my mate where dicussing that he would like a orange lupo, i then sent him a pic of this and he liked it...

Edited by lupo1.0se

Why don't you try and flog it mate?

I will be honest and say orange isn't my cup of tea but I would be amazed if nobody wanted it. Someone out there will go mad for it. Stick up a reasonable price based on mileage and age. Take the bits of damage into consideration and I'm sure you will get decent money for it. Saves the hassle of breaking it too.

The paints faded loads since I had it! :( ill happily take back the screen and numberplate if your gna break it.....would be sad to see it gone! I'd buy it back if I hadnt brought another gti.

Message me please.

Yeah it was. The paint was real shiny when I had it! I know, I wanted it to go to a good home.... The other heated window switch is for the rear boot solenoid to pop it open. And no idea with the other bit. If I was car less, id buy it back lol.

If your thinking of selling then stick it on ebay, as I'll prob bid (or msg me with an offer) as I'm looking for a low cost GTI for a project car

doesn't have to be perfect condition but it must have air condition so this would suit me perfectly.

Sorry guys aint been on here in a while, ive made a decision on what im doing with it. Plan was just to get rid of it and move on but everytime i get in and drive it its game over.

So yes im going to keep it a few more months until the insurance runs out on it, im not sure what ill do with the exterior at the moment, its not really a big issue with me because the way it drives keeps me happy enough. Im sorry to have wasted peoples time and stuff.

The other thing...the heated seat button was put in afterwards by me, if u look at the pics the seats are cloth and im pretty sure only the leathers came with the heated seat funtion. But anyway i stripped them and put in aftermarket heat pads and managed to find a switch which looked similar to the lupo ones.

The usb is just something i was messing about with, just saves having loads of wires all over the place.

E8D5BAE1-DE44-438A-A523-FFD66F29DF48-114

glad your keeping it, let me know if you need a hand with anything, i've pretty much pulled these cars apart :lol:

Cheers man, im sure ull see me floatin around