Wait there is some news about the Up! GT

lupo1.0se

Search for the formula ford road car if you want to see decent 1.0 specs :)

http://news.topmotors.com/2012/12/1-0-litre-car-sets-11th-fastest-nurburgring-time-ever

here ... and thats road legal on road tyres, think of the lightened non road version on slicks

http://news.topmotor...gring-time-ever

here ... and thats road legal on road tyres, think of the lightened non road version on slicks

Road legal my arse, where's the no. plate? :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just noticed on the Daily Telegraph list of "Hot" Hatches for 2013, the Up! GT is now scheduled for Winter (ie the end of the year, not right now), still with 108hp.

It'll have no torque though, so will have to have its neck wrung to get any progress out of it.

I also like the constant references to it being the spiritual successor to the original Golf GTI. It won't be and neither will any other model. That honour always lies at the feet of the current model Golf GTI. It's like saying the new baby born last week to the family that lives in your great, great, great, great grandfather's old house is his spiritual successor, not his blood relative.

Edited by IDGM

I also like the constant references to it being the spiritual successor to the original Golf GTI. It won't be and neither will any other model. That honour always lies at the feet of the current model Golf GTI.

Thought you were going to say Lupo GTI...similar weight, wheelbase & naturally aspirated "enough power to be fun without being lairy" motor. The current Golf GTI is a turbo'd porker (as in it weighs a lot, nothing to do with Porsche :lol:) so though it may be the actual successor, it's not necessarily a spiritual successor (which is obviously subjective).

But you could also say the Lupo was the spiritual successor to the Austin Mini: FWD, short wheelbased, big headlamped, four seater (with cubby bins either side of the rear seat too!), don't pack too much luggage. You may scoff, but the similarities are most definately there.

But cars don't have spirit, only marketing spiel.

Interesting, I've wanted a Mini for years, at least I have its spiritual successor :lol: