MY LUPO UPGRADE

LUPOCHARGED

Superb quality work and skills there mate :thumbsup: . I noiticed you got the front Lupo hubs reworked from 4x100 to 5x100. Would you not be able to use 5x100 hubs from the 9n/9n3 Polo GT/GTi?

Kind Regards

Stuart

Hi Stuart i had to make this install as easy as poss and even though the Polo 9n/9n3 parts might work doing it this way is 100 per cent everything will hook up as VW intended.

Regards

Hakeem

Awsome project, what size wheels are you going to run to clear the brakes?

Do you have a target HP tourqe in mind?

Will you be fitting an LSD to help with traction.

Cheers for the comments. At the moment i'm wearing Audi A1 7x16" ten spoke alloy wheels. As for power figures 250bhp will be nice anymore is a bonus. At present i'll be using a VR6 5-speed box with ABF bell housing,will see how that goes and take it from there

• 3 weeks later...

While block is away getting played with and this weather cant make up it's mind to freeze my ass of i thought i would pay some attention to the cooling system. Started of with a new front panel as the previous one was butchered to death.DSC_0252_zpsd2814333.jpg.Made up a picture frame for everything to sit in.DSC_0248_zps47fed753.jpg.DSC_0249_zps98156eb8.jpg.

Spent most of the week running from home to garage to welders and back. Finally it's coming together.DSC_0250_zps0043479a.jpg.DSC_0251_zps5c3b3797.jpg.

After some more cutting, tucking and filing got the water radiator and engine oil cooler to share space.DSC_0254_zps561209e2.jpg.DSC_0256_zpsacc97014.jpg.DSC_0257_zpsd345ed3d.jpg.

Now i need to find some more space to fit another oil radiator and charge cooler radiator. This week will entail alot of head scratching effing and blinding. All part of a buildsmiley7.gif

icon1.png

Well the head scratching and the effing and blinding turned out to be a good mild day for me and the charge cooler radiator has a new home.DSC_0259_zps00044e89.jpg.

This radiator has two plug in type fittings which are of no use to me so i will get 2 AN fittings tagged to each hole to plumb the rest of the charge cooling kit.DSC_0260_zps2f96a8f5.jpg.DSC_0261_zps729f63a4.jpg.Black radiator has been screwed to the water radiator.DSC_0262_zps29dbfb36.jpg.The other end will be tagged with two L shaped brackets.DSC_0263_zpsb4d59fe4.jpg.3 down 1 to gosmiley20.gif

• 1 year later...

in regard to the 4x100 to 5x100 change, couldn't you just swap over the flanges or are the ID of the bearings different? (I've got Lupo GTi brakes to go on my lupo next time im home) Good project and would be great to see it when it's finished.

• 10 months later...

I havent done an update on here for so long. Work commitments and illness has really slowed this project down to nearly nil input. Now i can bring everything up to date and hopefully if all goes to plan have this completed sometime this year.Wanted to do my build with a Tfsi engine took a rain check in that direction as came across to many complications. Had the same comploications with the alloy blocked engine so had to step back in the past and retro fit the ABF lump.DSC_0545_zps6187c65a.jpg. This is how the engine bay looks at present.

previously used my double din housing to fit my gauges and needed to find some space to fit my headunit so had a rethink and came up with this.modified%20guage%20holder_zpsbtnktogu.jp.