Car videos

d-masterson

Not sure if this is in the right section, but I'd like to start a thread for showing car videos similar to the style of Stephen Brooks.

(If you don't know who he is, look him up) I will start with one of mine of my brother's Mk5 Fiesta.

http://vimeo.com/56305504

Edited by d-masterson

Love that Swift matt, nice video too.. what did you use to record and edit with?

Still needs finishing but weather is terrible, shot on a Canon 60D edited with premiere pro CS6 :) hoping to do a few more just gotta find some cool cars, and Piers the ste brooks stuff is amazing! Some of my favourite videos ever are from him

Oooooh, I've got a 60d too, not really used it for filming or owt tho, don't have a rig or anything to provide smooth flow.

I don't have a rig either mate did have a steadycam for a bit used it for sports but it's a ballache to balance and use. All you need is a good tripod, can do most stuff in post, you can pick sliders up on ebay for £100 and they make a world of difference to shots. A variety of lenses also helps :)

I've got quite a few lenses for picture taking, I hear holding your cam on an undeployed tripod can help stability for shooting smoothly, but just never attempted it!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Camera-Slider-1-Meter-long-for-DSLR-CANON-1D-5D-7D-JVC-SONY-Z1-Z5-Z7-FX1-EX-etc-/160941624360?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_Video_Camcorders&hash=item2578de4c28

They are good bang for buck nothing fancy but do a good job! And yeah a tripod folded up can help balance the weight of a DSLR, basically the more points of contant between your body and the camera the more stable the shots are :) also wider focal lengths help minimalise shakes