Few Random GTi Questions

dirk1978

Hello again all.

Few random generic questions that may or may not need to go into separate threads. 52 GTi Raven Blue 104k (demonstrator :D )

1. Knocks coming from the back. Fairly quiet constant knocking noises, no big bangs over big bumps like normal bush failure, but same noises I would normally put down to bushes. Are they well known for needing bushes?

2. Grinding noise that seems to be unrelated to anything else. Still can't work out what it is, coming from engine bay, over the course of about 3 or 4 seconds it's a high-pitched grinding noise that fades in and fades out. Can't make it do it with any of my own actions. Clutch may be nearing the end of its life, or maybe PAS pump (or are these electric racks?), spose that only leaves alternator or air-con compressor. Anyone had this?

3. The double-DIN OEM VAG stereo is about to have it. CDs skip but the radio has always been really poor for reception. So:

3.a. Has anyone had the roof aerial become high resistance or dodgy in other way, or had this reception problem?

3.b. Has anyone had any trouble fitting a standard aftermarket double-DIN e.g. Pioneer stereo in?

4. Door strap squeaking. I've heard this is a recall / warranty issue? Or should I just grease it?

Thanks. That's very wordy, so here's a pic. :)

20121111_141041_HDR.jpg

I have a kenwood double din in mine and have a friend installing a pioneer double din.

Easy job really - just a bit of plug and play to get the main functions working. The only hassle is having to run iPod leads, mics etc through plastics and what not.

But you should have no trouble