vibration - not of a good kind

moreno510

Every car I've had (except the one I got now) that was still wearing it's original tyres when I bought it has never had satisfactory replacements. Maybe the manufacturers do something special at the factory. Does the factory balance the drive shafts?

You got SP8000 didn't you? They're directional, are the arrows on the tyres pointing the right way? (stupid suggestion?)

Is it a dodgy tyre? Can you jack the car up and spin the wheels to check you have straight treads?

QUOTE(i99y)
happened to me but took it back to the garage and one the weights had fallen off! the garage replaced the weight and the problem was sorted!

Ok this is gonna sound real dumb, but are you meant to have weights on all of the wheels?

Coz when i had my rear tyres done last week, I've noticed since that I no longer have weights on them ??? You can see where they were before but now they ain't there *CONFUSED*

Should I have them or not? sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> Coz I know when they did the tyres, they were balanced and stuff but I'm abit of a "duh" when it comes to technical stuff so help appreciated :thumbs:

If they do a good job (or you ask specially) they should use the flat weights that go inside the back of the rim which don't fall off as easily and are hidden form the outside.

Would have said it sounded like a weight falling off but if it's not the balance the next likely thing would be if they tyres were put on in the right direction (and side if they are fully directional tyres) and that it isn't a dodgy tyre with a bulge. Once took one off a mate's car after it had new tyres fitted and was reporting similar symptoms. It looked fine when it was on the car but taking it off and rolling the wheel on it's own the tyre was egg shaped with a huge bulge at the top. Might need to take the top mechanic out for a drive and show him to prove something's wrong.

• 3 weeks later...