tdi turbo manifold

richardn

It defo is mate, iv done so much looking into a vnt conversion I can guarantee it.

Let us know what u go for and how you get around the clutch issue (in tempted to go with cgmotorsport organic race clutch 25% stronger)

Are you going to reduce lag or increase top end?

That's why I like vnt, gain at both ends

Is it not possible to use a g60 clutch with a lupo pressure plate? Gonna get some quotes from a few companies first, tbh mine doesn't really lag as I've got no cat or backbox it spools up from around 1400rpm,just want a bit more power in general, I wanna see how much power is possible from this engine

iv no idea on the g60 clutch mate, when I called cgmotorsport they said it was the same size as a starlet turbo clutch if i remember correctly.

Yeah lag at the mo is fine but when your going different turbo if you go big power you get more lag I believe and If you go Quicker spool you get lower top end.

With vnt it has moving vains that play small turbo on low rpm then big turbo on high rpm so fast spool and big power.

Sorry if you knew this bud not trying to teach egg sucking!

The part number for a 2001 Lupo and polo turbo is 045 145 701

I think I may have got my lines crossed some where as etka does list a part number for the exhaust mani on the amf tdi (045 253 031)

So does infact look like a 2 piece i have a turbo tucked away somewhere so will dig it out later and have a look

ive tried that part number on ebay and it looks to be the right one,thanks for that

i will get in touch with one of the turbo companies now i have this info and see what they can offer,i was aiming for about 130bhp tbh so not a massive increase just enough to embarass a few bigger cars,also plan on stripping pretty much everything out,weight wise i think a lot of the weight can go from gettin alu panels and plastic windows