Another wheel fitment thread

Tomjw

Hi all! Need some help. Im currently running 15x8 ET32 Schmidt Modern Lines but now they are off for winter I want to get the stance nailed. I was thinking 8.5J fronts and 9J rears bearing in mind I will be using spacers and 165/45/15 tyres which is a lot of stretch and also camber shims. Will this be too much or should it sit sweet seen as Im on air? Also what size spacers do I need to get 8.5 and 9 from an 8J wheel?

so you mean add spacers to mess with the offset ?

if you wanted your fronts half an inch further out you want a 12/13mm spacer, and for the rears a 25mm spacer to get it an inch further out. making the fronts 8J et 20ish, and the rears 8J et 7.

You cant change the width of a wheel by adding spacers, an 8j wheel will remain an 8j wheel, just the offset (how far it sticks out) will change.

Edited by scotty_82

so you mean add spacers to mess with the offset ?

if you wanted your fronts half an inch further out you want a 12/13mm spacer, and for the rears a 25mm spacer to get it an inch further out. making the fronts 8J et 20ish, and the rears 8J et 7.

Not quite.

Because going from an 8 to 9" also adds 0.5" on the rear spacing as well as 0.5" on the front.

I always think of it as, adding 0.5" extra lip on a split rim is roughly -7mm on offset and 1" is -13mm on the offset etc

For your 8's I would say et25 front and et20 rear - may be slightly lower because of air, only 5mm or so

Edit: Oh and personally I think 165's look stupid on an 8, 185/45 looks better imo

Edited by ministig

Not quite.

Because going from an 8 to 9" also adds 0.5" on the rear spacing as well as 0.5" on the front.

I always think of it as, adding 0.5" extra lip on a split rim is roughly -7mm on offset and 1" is -13mm on the offset etc

For your 8's I would say et25 front and et20 rear - may be slightly lower because of air, only 5mm or so

Edit: Oh and personally I think 165's look stupid on an 8, 185/45 looks better imo

Im going to a company called FAB-Finishing to have my wheels done so when I pick them up I'll ask for there help on the best fitment as theyre good guys :) And I running 185/45 now and for the stance I want they will be too chunky to fit under the arches

Are you having them banded or are you just trying to confuse us by telling us you're making them 8.5 & 9J? Or are you talking about getting new wheels? Talk sense you mental :P

Are you having them banded or are you just trying to confuse us by telling us you're making them 8.5 & 9J? Or are you talking about getting new wheels? Talk sense you mental :P

...I messed up :( I meant the offset by adding spacers LOL... Basicly 8J ET20 fronts and 8J ET7 rears

Lmao i think it should be deleted as its not helping at all... ill figure it out with trial and error!

...I messed up :( I meant the offset by adding spacers LOL... Basicly 8J ET20 fronts and 8J ET7 rears

Personally I think that will poke too much on the rear, probably a few mm more. front will be ok as it will probably camber in as you air out.

when they come back fit them and get a vernier and measure the top of the arch -directly opposition the tyre(THIS IS WHEN THE CAR IS DROPPED) then measure the Gap then thats the amount of spacing you will need

but personally i would - 1or2mm so the tyre wouldn't damage the arch when dropped

but on en even ground its most likely the car will not sit level when dropped and damage the arch anyway!!! so if you run like this then it will have to be dropped on flat ground

• 3 months later...

i hope someone sees this and helps me out cause im a total girl and its the closest thread i can find to the answer im looking for..

so basically i really want a set of borbet a's for my lupo and ive found some.. i just want to know if they will fit without too much hassle

they are 16inch and 7.5 wide?

help this poor wee girl ahha :innocent:

What's the offset & how low's your lupo? Borbet As come in 15" which would be easier. 16s can be done though.

Yer they will fit.

A's normally are et35 or et20 in the 16x7.5.

Personally I would hold out for the 15x7 ones, they look so much more at home on the lupo than the 16's.

• Like 1