help please!

Epick

Hi all, can't help but feel my arosa is in a bad shape. Exhaust emissions light keeps flashing on and off, then suddenly she sounds like a race car all the exhuast Is stock and when driving it just won't pull. Gets to 2nd and just doesn't want to go? Please help guys

is it definitely the exhaust? i had this exact problem, driving down the motorway and the light flashes a couple of times, then it turned one of the fuel injectors off and it sounds like a dying lawnmower haha, loses all power. i found that if you turn off the engine and restart it was fine.... until it did it again. it turned out that it was the coil pack, two huge cracks in it causing it to jump to earth instead of to the spark plugs.

Edited by EAA Arosa

Thanks guys, massive help. Eaa arosa that sounds like exactly what mines been doing. Just had to drive back somewhere and it was fine. The exhaust emissions light was on but no longer flashing. This **** is weird!

yeah mine eventually stopped flashing and stayed on, but i have a gadget so i can resent any faults with my phone, but i would have a look at the coil pack if i were you, very simple job as well. let me know if you need help and i will guide you through it :)

i do i do

go onto play store and download the app 'torque lite' free version that allows you to clear engine faults. then go on eBay and buy the torque OBD adapter, the adapter links to your phone via Bluetooth and then you can do magic things with your phone, i have a live dashboard running on my phone :)

I've got it booked in at the garage next week. Seems to be ok now :/ the light is still on though

good to hear mate, hope it gets fixed anyway :)