Braided Brake Lines

Hi Guys,

Just a quick question, when replacing the front brake lines the connections that mate with the caliper appear to be the type that take a 'banjo' bolt. Does this part require copper washers each side? Only reason I ask is I dont want to strip the pipes off to fine that I need them and have no way of getting to a parts shop to get them :( also the torque of the banjo bolts would be mega helpful :)

Cheers Guys

Dude, chill out, people have better things to do than be on here 24/7 to answer seemingly obvious questions, I would always renew copper seals, as for torque settings, no idea, just nip them up, obviously being banjo bolts you dont wanna over do it, you'll soon know when you come to bleed them up if they're loose or not.

Dude, chill out, people have better things to do than be on here 24/7 to answer seemingly obvious questions, I would always renew copper seals, as for torque settings, no idea, just nip them up, obviously being banjo bolts you dont wanna over do it, you'll soon know when you come to bleed them up if they're loose or not.

I am chilled dude, had a very short time to get the seals. As for the seemingly obvious question, I am well aware if present that they should be replaced, I was simply asking if VW used them on the lupo. As I have not worked on a braking that used this type of connection. Thanks for the reply but a bollocking wasn't what I was after :tongueout:

You obviously know what a banjo bolt is, as you have called it a banjo bolt, so clearly you know you're stuff, so have you ever known a banjo bolt not require copper/alloy seals either side?

And I wasn't bollocking you at all, it's just you asked at 12 on a Friday afternoon and bumped your thread at 6 when probably a lot of people ain't home yet, let alone surfing CL. I appreciate time is of the essence on some jobs but you obviously hadn't stripped it as yet as you didn't know about the seals, so at least the vehicle wasn't totally immobilised.

But you got an answer anyways mate so all is well.

• Like 1