coilovers..suggestions

reecestrathearn

Am not one of these people who can afford to spend thousands of pounds on my car. But gradually want to get it looking good. So couple hundred pound here and there for parts. Got a few hundred for coilovers...any one got good recommendations for what I have to budgets ?

Here you go:

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=48860

Reviews on pretty much all coilovers available. Ap's and Weitech's get good reviews and range from around £400-£480. Anything cheaper and you're looking at ebay coilovers, i.e TA Technix, and other brands, but those are all the same with just a different name.

Av got like 300 the now am I best just waiting to save for dearer ones? Or would I get a set at that price ? A don't know much about doing cars up am just new to this game mate. So every bit help counts. The ones of eBay as u said...would they no okay? A keep getting mixed reviews. Folk are saying if slamming the car cheaply ones will do but some folk are saying get dear ones as u won't have a bumpy drive ?

If your budget is any less than about £250-£300, just get the cheapest coilovers you can find, cus they're all made in the same factory.

TA, JOM, raceland - they're al the same

Edit - to tell you the truth, even the so-called 'non-budget' coilovers are still crap. I have AP's, and although the ride is a little more forgiving (too soft IMO), the seals all weep oil and they do not sell separate servicing kits.

Edited by Cooper_GTI

I went and had a look at the reviews...everyone's is going on about these KWs they are costly... But would u recommend just saving for them if they are the ones everyone is talking about ? I plan on getting my car to highest standards but gradually. As I will be keeping for many years. As its only done 18000 miles. U got any other little tips to make the car look good. Just little things hear and there? Thanks for ur help lads

I tend to get the pixels to about 800x600...I think.

It's up to you on the coilovers to be honest. I've got Weitec's on my Gti and I think they're great. I've not looked under the arch to check the condition of them for a while, but they seem to be holding up well. Everyone goes on about 'Inox' on the KW's, which means the struts are stainless steal, and if you've got the cash then I suppose its a good option. But after having my Weitec's on for just over a year, I was still able to turn mine by hand, and as long as you keep them in good condition you should be OK.

Also am trying to up load a profile picture through my phone but it's saying to big. And aye then crop it and is still to big. Any help in getting pictures up ? That's sweet man ur helping a lot. See the ones u have just now do they handle well and what kind of drive do you get ?

Ive been in a friends GTI alot with Kw V1 and its very low and scrubs at the back sometimes, they are nice ride what you spend is what you get really. Imo I think the more you spend the better your gonna get as I've drove my fox with TA's and they wern't too bad depends what you want to put up with! As for other things the best things imo are to lower it as much as you like.. nice set of wheels with the right fitment for stance then little subtle mods. You could also start on body such as smoothing bumpers/boots but its what you like really :thumbup:

Also am trying to up load a profile picture through my phone but it's saying to big. And aye then crop it and is still to big. Any help in getting pictures up ? That's sweet man ur helping a lot. See the ones u have just now do they handle well and what kind of drive do you get ?

Yeah they handle really well imo, corner nicely, and I was surprised how comfortable they were! I was expecting them to be a lot worse after being in a mates GT4 that was on coils. You only really notice them when you go over speed bumps or hit a pothole.

Yeah they handle really well imo, corner nicely, and I was surprised how comfortable they were! I was expecting them to be a lot worse after being in a mates GT4 that was on coils. You only really notice them when you go over speed bumps or hit a pothole.

why the hell has he got the GT4 on coils they hold the road so good anyways or can he just not drive it

No, I think he is saying the suspension on the GT4 is already pretty "solid", whereas a 1.0 Lupo will not be designed for thrashing it around the country roads, which I always found was fun in my 1.0 Arosa; though it could have been better assisted by upgraded suspension etc.

• 2 weeks later...