Door card flocking

Hi, after attempting to cover my door cards in leather vinyl, I decided it wasn't going to work. I then thought that flocked door cards would look better, what does anyone else think? Does anyone know any that does it cheap? Thanks :)

Sounds like they just didn't wanna do it! It is possible to do it yourself, google frost flocking kit, I'm not totally clued up on the process but apparently the companies electrically charge whatever it you want flocking to make sure you get an even layering of flock coz it can go clumpy.

Edited by Pete

Electrically charged kits are about £500. Bit out of my budget! I've seen some just glue and sprinkle kits http://ramsport.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=155 worth a shot?

Right, Chinese flocking machine, 1mm flock (smallest being 100g, any idea how much this would cover?) and some general purpose adhesive also from flocking.biz? (Thanks for your help Rich, you'll get my vote ;) )

I only want to do my door cards and possibly parcel shelf. I will resist the temptation to flock everything! Cheers Rich x

Edited by Arosa.Al

If you're doing the door cards strip the material off and get down to the hard part, sand it and then flock.

If you flock something which has material on it can soak up the glue and give you a dodgy finish.