Premium Membership

Lupo-Joe

Hi guys I'd like to bring one of my ideas to the table.

I would like to suggest premium membership would be required after X amount of posts, I.e. after 1000 post you would then pay your ten pound and would be able to continue posting. I know people could make another account and continue posting under another name however if your posting that much I believe that you should help the site.

I get this idea after I become a PM. And after some searching there's some posters in the thousands that post daily, the lest we could do is help pay towards our website! I'm not saying this to get under the skin of members it's just as we've all seen resently the up keep of the website has shot through the roof recently!

Thoughts on this?

Joe

Where's the fun in that?

If the great unwashed becamse premium then they'd be able to read what we put in the premium section.

It would no longer be exclusive and then I'd just go back to making fake accounts and lurking on CP until someone spots that it is me and bans me.

• Like 4

Would it not just be easier to make some clublupo merchandise and sell them at a profit to the website, im sure many people would buy stickers etc.

stickers do exist, im pretty sure there was a t shirt design too but it fell through after no one wanted one.

• 4 weeks later...

I would like to suggest premium membership would be required after X amount of posts, I.e. after 1000 post you would then pay your ten pound and would be able to continue posting. I know people could make another account and continue posting under another name however if your posting that much I believe that you should help the site.

Simple answer is no. The whole point of this forum is as a resource to Lupo owners, old & new. We have never wanted to force people into contributing to it's up keep, which is why the Premium Membership is optional, and not an annually renewable thing anymore. We get a reasonable amount of money from the google adverts which covers the majority of the running costs (hosting etc) and the premium memberships & continued support of those who have donated previously covers the remainder of the costs - and is greatly appreciated.

stickers do exist, im pretty sure there was a t shirt design too but it fell through after no one wanted one.

Stickers do exist - I have about 20 of the current style ones left (black or red). As I paid for the last two lots of stickers myself, I'm a little reluctant to cough up my own money to buy more stickers when it could take 2-3 years to sell them, hence wanting to sell the current stickers off first. I believe someone else is going to do some new stickers, which will be cut to order rather than ordered & paid for in advance.

And yes, there have been a couple of tshirt orders previously and a design competition a little while back for the next lot of tshirts, but due to a complete lack of interest, was cancelled. We don't have the money to buy stock so these kinds of things have always been on the basis that we only order what people have already paid for.

I have found on more than one occassion that people express an interest something, saying that they'd buy one / they definitely want one etc etc, but when it's time to put their money where their mouths are, suddenly change their mind. Another reason why i'm a bit reluctant to get any more merchandising made up. We've talked about keyrings, pens, mugs, tax disc holders, tshirts, hoodies, stickers and lanyards in the past - but nothing ever came of anything other than the stickers & tshirts.

The stickers don't get made any more i heard?

Not strictly true - see above.

• 4 weeks later...

I would pay for a membership if I got a car sticker/air freshener, mailing of special meetings/shows and a club lupo membership card like the other clubs do now a days. Makes it more of an incentive, otherwise if you start blocking peoples use on the site for not paying then I feel it would loose a few members

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Best ten quid I've spent in ages, I've only been a member for 2 weeks but the forums on here have saved me a mint already, which is nice as I'm on the sick & skint as f**k. It's got to be worth the cost of a couple of gallons of petrol just to read about Rich's works do.

Edited by Renard27
  • Like 1