Craigs Black 1.4s! | UD Prep!

craigmahoneyy

Tasty :D. Though I will miss the OEM loveliness of your shiny black steels ;)

Gonna look sweet :thumbsup:

Cheers man! So excited to get them on!

there gonna look mint ! when your using your megs compound you using a machine or doing it by hand ?

Thanks man! Was doing it all by hand, takes a while but worth it if your paints a little cloudy!

Tasty :D. Though I will miss the OEM loveliness of your shiny black steels ;)

Why thank you! :thumbup: Aha they've done well to be fair but time to upgrade :thumbsup:

• Like 1

So today i managed to get the wheels on! sits okay not perfect had to put the rear cups back in without the ring till i get a bit of camber sorted. Pictures dont really do them justice, will get some with the camera at the weekend, hopefully gonna have a big detail if the weathers decent! :thumbsup: Anyway that front camber came in handy as i didnt have to raise the front but this is how much clearance i have between the inside of the arch and my tire!

8740600861_4e699b1380_c.jpg
A few pictures off the iphone!

They are looking sweet wish I'd bought them when I had the chance couple mouths back lol

Cue the hate for having BBS stickers on reps, looks clean though mate!
But before that does start these wheels where bought of a good friend of mine and I picked them up for him from the shop, they are dares or lensos or someting but they have never been through there company's they have no markings on them they where just sold as bbs reps and had bbs caps already stuck on, the shop owner got all his wheels straight from source so he just sold them all as reps with rep caps, no wheel in the shop had a brand

Those wheels look great on it! Really suit it & set the car off, nice purchase mate

Love this car!

Cue the hate for having BBS stickers on reps, looks clean though mate!

Get your self a da polisher mate they are quality get some megs microfibre pads and the megs cutting and finishing compound look sweet mate.

Them wheels look mint I want some!!

They are looking sweet wish I'd bought them when I had the chance couple mouths back lol

But before that does start these wheels where bought of a good friend of mine and I picked them up for him from the shop, they are dares or lensos or someting but they have never been through there company's they have no markings on them they where just sold as bbs reps and had bbs caps already stuck on, the shop owner got all his wheels straight from source so he just sold them all as reps with rep caps, no wheel in the shop had a brand

Looks good mate :)

loving those wheels, (reps or not) your car sits just right

Cheers for all the positive comments guys! i love em and cant believe how much more i love the car now! Manged to sneak in a few photos of the camera too :thumbup:

8741532275_5b5d1a8532_c.jpg
8740784493_3c914d7813_c.jpg
8741902532_ae6f41e430_c.jpg
8740786085_dffd1f0a41_c.jpg
8741902290_45040eddb6_c.jpg

:wub::wub:

• Like 1

So today i managed to get the wheels on! sits okay not perfect had to put the rear cups back in without the ring till i get a bit of camber sorted. Pictures dont really do them justice, will get some with the camera at the weekend, hopefully gonna have a big detail if the weathers decent! :thumbsup: Anyway that front camber came in handy as i didnt have to raise the front but this is how much clearance i have between the inside of the arch and my tire!

8740600861_4e699b1380_c.jpg
8741902532_ae6f41e430_c.jpg
8740784493_3c914d7813_c.jpg

You don't need camber, you just need to borrow an arch roller and heatgun to fold the inner lip back up inside. Take your time keeping the paint warm so as not to split your paint.

Looks great on the wheels though!

You don't need camber, you just need to borrow an arch roller and heatgun to fold the inner lip back up inside. Take your time keeping the paint warm so as not to split your paint.

Looks great on the wheels though!

Got a quote of £30- £50 per arch depending on much they need to be rolled, gonna get the fronts done first i think so i can sort the camber out and get them sitting sitting straight and then do the rears!

So as it was sunny today i thought id make the most of it and get the car washed, snow foamed the whole car and the wheels twice, cleaned the wheels up nice :thumbup: then washed it with AG shampoo then rinsed it off then gave it a wax with some poorboys! photos!

8745517964_3995ebcb52_c.jpg
8745514726_b30397d13a_c.jpg
8744392399_80cc45ba53_c.jpg
8744391991_364e99d49d_c.jpg

Got a quote of £30- £50 per arch depending on much they need to be rolled, gonna get the fronts done first i think so i can sort the camber out and get them sitting sitting straight and then do the rears!

Hire one for a day - 20 to 25 quid and take your time using a heatgun, if you really are careful and the roller part of the tool is in good condition you shouldnt split paint.

Looks good in your pics though! :thumbup:

Edited by BEP51

Get arch rolling before your tyres get eaten :lol: Looks sweet dude, though the wheel whores sticker spoils its smooth/clean/stealth looks a smidge imo :paperpag:

How about some VW centre caps, and paint them black to match the VW badges on the car? I don't think I've seen this done.

Looks nice and clean mate the wheels have made a huge difference bet your buzzing with it atm

Yeah cant believe how much they changed the car, love it now!

Get arch rolling before your tyres get eaten :lol: Looks sweet dude, though the wheel whores sticker spoils its smooth/clean/stealth looks a smidge imo :paperpag:

How about some VW centre caps, and paint them black to match the VW badges on the car? I don't think I've seen this done.

Rear arches are being done next weekend! :thumbup: fonts seem to be fine, must be the arch liner saving them, wll prob get those done the week after as funds are low :thumbdown: I am actually thinking of taking that wheel whores one off and getting the front bumper smoothed :wub:

Bit of a cleaning update, just hoovered up the inside real quick as it was getting in such a mess, carpets and seats need a good going over with some shampoo and a vet vac but that will have to wait till the weather warms up and the suns out, the plastics could also do with a clean up! Also slightly puzzled that the rear drivers side is rubbing alot more than the passengers side? Will jack the car up Wednesday afternoon and have a look, make sure the springs sitting right both sides. Got myself some BBS valve caps to match the badges, thinking of getting some chrome valve covers and a glass rear wiper blank!

8759039294_572af7c3e8_c.jpg
8757911957_170ac3a0d2_c.jpg

All depends on how much petrol you got on board fuel tank is that side see i found my drivers rear springs settled alot quicker so what i did was take them out and swap them then they both settle the same

Could be what it is then! might swap them over and fill the tank :yes: