Adzer's black and orange lupo - project 1.8t

Adzer

i recon by time im finished the build will have cost £1500 from buying the car, donor car, parts, bucket seats and wheels

You sir are my hero. Not hanging about either.

Got some work done tonight but not much

Drive belt on

6ejy7eny.jpg

Had to relocate the header tank as I couldn't be assed re routing pipes to its existing location so had to make some brackets and weld them in

9unuraju.jpg

yge9azep.jpg

Well got some work done on the car today started off by mounting the Intercooler, took me longer that I thought it would but got there in the end

e7ehe2yt.jpgzepare9y.jpgvaseva2e.jpg

This is just a temp fix till I get a front mount fitted

Then I set about sorting out the wiring in the engine bay so I can relocate battery in the boot so I modified the battery fuse box that normally sits ontop of the battery and mounted it the the chassis

upy8yzyv.jpgpaqymete.jpg

All I need to do now it run a cable from the fuse box to the boot where the battery will be

Had the car running Tuesday night for the first time :)

Now I just need to do a few odd jobs and get front end back on

jesus christ! how longs that taken then? approximate hours?

Well finally got the exhaust made, gear linkage working and sorted all the loose ends, went to start the car and noticed straight away something was wrong, turned out cyl 3&4 are not firing. Now it's not starting at all :(

Think the ignition module has gone as these are common to fail.

Anyway got it back on its wheels tonight and I've forgot how low the car sits, so much so I don't think I'm gonna get out my drive without smashing my sump

etehuvy2.jpgupenu8a4.jpg

engine loom from the 1.8t engine, unplug the loop engine loom down by the gearbox and mate the 2 looms together

The same way I did it in mine, just made an adaptercable to fit between the two. And then just cut into a few other wires on the

main loom to get k-line, etc...

Great work by the way! We solved many things the same way... : )

Edited by Norpan

• 2 weeks later...

Them flush handles are pretty crazy. Have you managed to sort the ignition issue?