Standard or ultimate fuel?

This is the type of topic I would usually call nonsense

But....on my old tdi the wife 'go out of her way to find the cheapest local fuel station' fills the tank.....ran like a bag of nails! Never again.....regularly use wynns cleaner as well! There is another one to mull over

i once ran a rover on some petrol that i found in a bucket in the corner of the garage, had a cup of tea in it aswel, but ran fine. Does this mean rovers are mapped to run on cups of tea?

• Like 1

it's worth remembering actually we have excellent fuel in the UK compared to some of the stuff abroad. Octane 95 is standard for us.

Although it is proven to make a difference as previously said before. I believe its to do with igniting the fuel. The octane level effectively tells you how much the fuel can be compressed before igniting. The idea being that if you ignite the fuel mid cycle, you'll not only lose power but could result in engine knocking. So yes, premium fuel is better for your engine in the long run and for power.

Nonetheless, like i said, generally our fuel here is good so it all comes down to choice and the size of your wallet/purse i suppose, but you would benefit from it!

PS - correct me if i got anything wrong there? :)

Just to give a bit of context to this I have just finished my tank of Ultimate, got 34 mile more ANNNDDDDD i always drive like a fanny, never over 3000rpm except on motorways lmao ;)

Batesy

• Like 1

V-Power Shell.

Acquire a Shell Loyalty Card; this saves you money on the most sustainable and clog free fuel too.

I have a Shell loyalty card; however Shell closed their only service station within 15 miles of my house.