Tyre Advice

James827

I shall be hopefully Picking up a new car at the end of this week, and while everything is groovy the tyres despite being legal are actually rather close to the limit and will need changing quite soon, especially now in the wetter colder months.

ive been looking at tyres, and im considering a few options..

195/45/15 Nankang NS2 - not my top choice but at £130 ish for 4 that's incredible value.

195/45/15 Uni-royal rain-sports 2 - My top choice, but at £51 a tyre it adds up

195/50/15 Nankang SV2 - Winter tyre! £160 for 4 so midrange but a much bulker tyre, but winter tyre means awesome grip around this time of year.. apparently?

I understand the whole You get what you pay for stuff, but for me here in Costa Del South Wales

Which would benefit me the most?

Cheers,

James

If you like your car to feel like it wants to kill you then go for the nangkangs.

The reviews for the uniroyals are pretty damn good.

Also, think about falken ze912s, they're what I have on my Lupo and I'm yet to have any problems in any weather yet. Can't tell you about longevity though, as I've only done 3k miles on them.

Tyres are one thing you shouldn't skimp on, espcially if you value your safety.

ive had Falkens on my lupo. they are good, but uni-royals are insane.

my college mate has always sworn by them and when you see how it sticks around corners you can see why!

also the sheer amount of tread on uni-royals is quite insane.

the nankang snow-tyres have actually had good reviews but not as good as uni royals..

Got a couple of mates with Mk2s on 40mm Spax PSX kits who have no troubles with 195/50/15s.