Fatttty's Ford Racing Puma #401 | Ford content... Front running gear refurb

fatttty

180 hours......... So thats around 180 mugs of brew and a few packs of biscuits of mother dearest haha! Its amazing what your doing keep up the amazing work

Lol yes lots of brew and about 10 packs of hobnobs!

Yesterday was a good productive day, complete the correction on the remaining body panels, rewashed, refined using waffle pads and menzerna 3000 compound and sealed with Auto Finesse Tough Coat sealant.

Results :D

IMG_2257_zpsf2793803.jpg

IMG_2259_zpsd418625b.jpg

Because arch gap is the new low lol!

IMG_2252_zpsdfd26d54.jpg

And my favourite part.. the rear wheels and brake setup :)

IMG_2261_zpsda33137b.jpg

Alex

Edited by fatttty
  • Like 1

Words can't express what most of us think about what you do so well great work what's next for the puma

Thank you very much, it means a lot :)

I've still not some new parts to fit like the centre caps for the wheels, new genuine Ford Racing Badges for the rear quarter windows. Ialso started building up a collection of new parts for the front end, I've got new front shocks and springs, top mounts and ARB link arms. I plan on hopefully doing the front running gear to the same standard as the rear so that will be fitting those new parts and having the frotn callipers serviced and polymer coated :)

I will be enjoying it for the summer though and see how it goes

Alex

Looks awesome Alex, i'm pretty sure you will be able to compete with the Concourse Ford boys soon! :)

Thanks Emz, not sure I want to become a concourse anorak lol! First show is in 2 weeks time so I wil lgo, show it and see how it goes :)

wow havnt looked in on this for a while, alex you have been busy, all this shiney oem goodness gets my juices flowing! it looks immence fella, it must be on its way to being the best example in the country surely

wow havnt looked in on this for a while, alex you have been busy, all this shiney oem goodness gets my juices flowing! it looks immence fella, it must be on its way to being the best example in the country surely

Thanks Karl, its defiantely one of the better examples, theres a few out there that are awesome but mine is definately one of the better ones now!

My thoughts exactly :lol:

:wub:

Lol thanks Joe!

Lol yes lots of brew and about 10 packs of hobnobs!

Yesterday was a good productive day, complete the correction on the remaining body panels, rewashed, refined using waffle pads and menzerna 3000 compound and sealed with Auto Finesse Tough Coat sealant.

Results :D

IMG_2257_zpsf2793803.jpg

IMG_2259_zpsd418625b.jpg

Because arch gap is the new low lol!

IMG_2252_zpsdfd26d54.jpg

And my favourite part.. the rear wheels and brake setup :)

IMG_2261_zpsda33137b.jpg

Alex

:thumbsup:

SV bucket :wub:

lol my bucket :shades:

50/50

Paint correction on roof

c365ec47-8b1b-4915-b531-8c6bfaaef7af_zps

Gave the FRP a quick clean yesterday. The aerial had decided to fuse itself to the base and would not come off causing the rubber to tear.

So ordered a new one from Fords and fitted.

Off with the old and in with the OEM :)

IMG_2282_zpsb6700ebf.jpg

Also gave all the door, bonnet and boot shuts a good coat of Auto Finesse Triple and Revive on the black plastics.

Boot shut-

IMG_2281_zps0df305a4.jpg

Door shut and Sill-

IMG_2279_zps3dcccea4.jpg

Thanks for looking, Alex

Edited by fatttty

• 2 weeks later...

Took the Puma to my first Ford show this weekend. Went to Fiesta in the park at Huntingdon Raceway in Northants. Had a really good day and the car went down really well with the other Puma owners :)

Picked up my engine cover on Saturday night, waxed it and fitted it at 4.30am on the Sunday morning!

Waxed up with Dodo Juice!

IMG_2307_zpsa556e897.jpg

Fitted with new aluminium bolts

IMG_2308_zps2f994ae8.jpg

At the show-

IMG_2297_zps04661a88.jpg

IMG_2301_zpsb1231cef.jpg

IMG_2303_zps80b23c25.jpg

IMG_2304_zpsaef00212.jpg

Had a great day and also came home with this.. Puma Best Car In Show trophey :D

IMG_2306_zps52e2054a.jpg

Well done! Great first show.

Nice touch with the award, but then as it's a Ford show they'll have heaps of bits left lying in the field after a show to make trophies from.

:roflmao:

Well done! Great first show.

Nice touch with the award, but then as it's a Ford show they'll have heaps of bits left lying in the field after a show to make trophies from.

:roflmao:

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Cheers Ray! The trophey is an input shaft from the FRP gearbox.. I have a spare now lol!