Lupo Gti what shold i do? Help

marcyboi1

Hi Guys i bought my lupo gti after searching for about 2 years in sept this year. its mint in my eyes apart from a couple of scrathes here and there.

but the problem is that i love it so much i dont want to ruin it as my daily driver. i do about 1000 miles a month mainly on the m5. and am really worried ill ruin it.

also looking to buy a house soon and even doh i can afford the the gti when i buy wondering do i sell for a bit more capital

i know this sounds wierd topic but wondering what you guys would advise. do i sell do i keep it as a weekend/ summer car.

lol my heads everywhere at the moment ill get some picks up later so you can gauge.

appricate any advice

thanks marco

just go and enjoy the car!! i kind of get what you mean though, a nice car is like a expensive wine when you open it you won't want to share it and you would take your time to drink it, when what you realy want to do is down the bottle as you would a cheap one and enjoy it 10times more.

so just go and drive your car everyday, you will enjoy it alot more!

Edited by Blaine

Either sell it, or use it as a second car. I wrecked mine doing over 800 miles per week. The mileage soons racks up, the front end gets peppered with stone chips, i went through 2 windscreens, all the suspension bushes deteriorated rapidly as did wheel bearings etc. It had 72,000 when i got it, and it blew up just over a year later when it reached 120,000 miles. I basically killed it.

I've given it a new lease of life now though, with over double the power and bought a mk4 TDI which laps up those motorway miles!

I didn't buy mine with the intention of just looking at it, mine is a daily, hence why over the 8 years I've owned her I've racked up 138k miles! I'm intent on keeping mine no matter what, its worth more to me than I'd ever get by selling it.

I say keep it and enjoy it, as others have said, what is the point of owning a car just to say you own one....

cheers guys i appricate ll the feed back and i do love the lupo and i do use it every day, the reason it came into my headis that they are rare just dont wan ruin it. its had alot spent on it too and im happy to keep spending to maintain. lol just rambleing now prob just keep it. ill put spec up just to see what you guys think

85000 miles

black

wietec hicon coilovers

hignflow sports cat

powerflow exhaust

stage two brake conversion

new high speed sachs clutch

brand new six speed gear box

standard black leather heated seats

custom alloy and pipercross induction

dotz mugello 16 rims (want to change lol)

front and rear whitle line arb

full hidden and intergrated nokia blutooth

legal black tints all round.

stupid amount of service history recipts for everything

think thats it lol let us know

It's a car. Enjoy it for what it is. No offence but I hate when people are scared to put mileage on them and actually Use them. It's only a Lupo at the end of the day they are a fairly new car. Not a classic or piece of history and I don't think they will be either, or at least no time soon. It's not going to rust if you use it in the wet like an old car might so get out and enjoy it. Clean it regularly and be a bit OCD with it. Drive it sensibly on the motorway and it will be fine.

No worries mate :)

mines almost at 138k miles now... i bloody love it and it runs sweet as a nut! i never have problems with it. Yeah i admit it needs a gearbox but iv got one in my shed waiting to go on. Not done bad for it to last that long really... dont get me wrong using a car will result in wear and tear and parts will need replacing here and there but have fun in it and enjoy it because they are an awesome car...!

I'm on 140K and the car still feels, sounds and goes the some as it did when i bought it. VW did something right with the lupo :) i use mine every day clock up about 250 mile a week ( i change the engine oil every 5k), enjoy the car mate there awesome

I'm on 140K and the car still feels, sounds and goes the some as it did when i bought it. VW did something right with the lupo :) i use mine every day clock up about 250 mile a week ( i change the engine oil every 5k), enjoy the car mate there awesome

:clap::thumbsup:

• Like 1

Go out in a blaze of glory, a big bag of sniff, a few bottles of grey goose, a dead hooker (dwarf hooker) in the boot, and then some lesbian Swedish birds up front.

Drive the poor girl to her death or your arrest, its how she would want to go.

• Like 1

Jees, my cars would be really low mileage if i didn't drive them in the rain.

One of my favourite Lupo GTIs and mainly just because of the pic's I see of it being driven and enjoyed:

6515415289_bc62ac4ff7.jpg

pure filth | 7D by Ben Harrington, on Flickr

8077336149_dd4c8814c3.jpg

good morning! | 7D by Ben Harrington, on Flickr