Lupo 100bhp sport 1.8 20vt conversion.

ScottylupoSport

I think if i was doing the converstion i would definatly atempt the wirring myself,as i just like the fact you ca say you did it yourself!!,but it would be piece of mind to know there was someone that could definately do it right.

did you figure how to sort the driveshafts ect out your self? pretty clever :shades:

if you do your research it is fairly easy to find out about the driveshafts.

also if you can get your hands on a mk3 synchro rear passenegr side driveshaft then you can use it for the shorter side.

For my I used the mk2 16v for the longer one and then had a custom cut and weld to my measurements for e the shortest one, didnt cost too much and again well worth the money!

as for the loom, it was a good spend and cut a huge amount of time off. I am not confident with wiring at all hence taknig this route but if you have the confidence then go for it! my m8 did it on his mk1 and it looks great! ... i just know there is much more wiring involved in the 20vt.

whatever you do dont change the hunbs to mk4 as norpan says. Yours are more than adequate providing you have the sport ones? ( same as a GTI I believe) ... just change the flanges... it can often be a bit of an effort to source them but well worth it!

as fro the box. I have a O2J aswell I have heard the the G60 flywheel is the best way to go though!

G

if you do your research it is fairly easy to find out about the driveshafts.

also if you can get your hands on a mk3 synchro rear passenegr side driveshaft then you can use it for the shorter side.

For my I used the mk2 16v for the longer one and then had a custom cut and weld to my measurements for e the shortest one, didnt cost too much and again well worth the money!

as for the loom, it was a good spend and cut a huge amount of time off. I am not confident with wiring at all hence taknig this route but if you have the confidence then go for it! my m8 did it on his mk1 and it looks great! ... i just know there is much more wiring involved in the 20vt.

whatever you do dont change the hunbs to mk4 as norpan says. Yours are more than adequate providing you have the sport ones? ( same as a GTI I believe) ... just change the flanges... it can often be a bit of an effort to source them but well worth it!

as fro the box. I have a O2J aswell I have heard the the G60 flywheel is the best way to go though!

G

About the hubs... I use Polo 6n2 gti ones and is a perfect fit as long as you switch sides on the lower balljoints, right goes on the left side and so on..

I use a G60 clutch i mine but with a fidanza alu-flywheel but it´s the same as G60 only a lot lighter. It whey around 2,5kilo.