My black 1.0L- GONE! VW replacement..

JBarr

Hi guys,

Had my lupo a few months but on been on the road for 2 weeks thanks to insurance prices. Has quite a few bad points, but I picked it up cheaply off a friend.

Bad points included: Quite a lot of dents/deep scratches, worst of which drivers wing, lumpy on tick over, Drivers electric window doesn't work, Graffiti'd headliner/rear door cards (has grown on me) and came on mk3 breadvan steeles (4.5J 155/80 13's)

But it came with 86,000 on the clock, TA technic coilies, sprayed badges, black mk4 golf front seats and was black just like I wanted.

How I picked it up:

Standardahha.jpg

And few pictures from a previous listing/headlining:

photo12-4.jpg

photo1-12.jpg

First things first sorted the lumpy tick over, throttle body clean out, new leads and plugs and runs like a champ..

Being off the road and bored, stripped the rear, just the seats and spare wheel at first, but then almost all the plastics in the rear were taken out, so were the door cards/up rights and headlining as I didn't like the spray job on them.

Kept looking around for wheels, but was on a budget. Ended up buying a set of ats classics for mates rates. Took the rear adjusters out too:

IMG_0903.jpg

IMG_0906.jpg

IMG_1188.jpg

I really liked the classics, even though the rear arch gap was too large with 165/55 13's. Gave the car a well deserved clean and polish. Also can't be seen but like almost everything on the car - mates rates, this time on a sub came up and car already had all the wires so was in and working in seconds. Held in by the rear seat mounts and an allen key/gaffer tape aha! Proper bmx bodging.

603179_10151058084099142_1842223908_n.jpg

reflection.jpg

beading.jpg

After 6 weeks of owning the car and it just being sat on my drive whilst I fiddled with it, I finally got insurance! Was so stoked. Took it out for first time, no more than 20 yards down my road, bang bang bang from the left side of the subframe scraping. Ended up discovering there was quite a few roads my car didn't like going down. One which I thought I had exploded my sump on. Worst noise I had ever heard. Stopped instantly and me and a mate looked, not even a mark on it (just the subframe wishbone mounts)

It did make me worry about how impractical it was, so decided the ats's were just a little too small. Managed to get the original lupo wheels and enough money to make a profit on the ats's. They were only on the car for a day until I bought a pair of snowflakes, 150 mile round trip later and they were on:

IMG_1347.jpg

299359_10151075496609142_1996887572_n.jpg

I loved the wheels but I felt they didn't quite suit the car, they needed a refurb, 2 new tyres and the 195/60's that were on there scrubbed on the front arches too. I had these on the car for only 5 days and I had sold the lupo wheels to a friend in this time, who has a 6n polo. He kept asking for the snowflakes, until he made me an offer I couldn't refuse. Again getting the lupo wheels and making a profit!

So once again looking for a set of wheels began. 5 days on the originals and I had new wheels sorted. Mocked up:

banded2.jpg

banded1.jpg

14 x 8J banded steelies, 195/45s on them. Real happy with them. Got a friend with an arch roller, had rolled and pulled (want it done a bit more) Also got some 13" centres, which don't fit right, but look better than nothing to me.

Also a newer headunit that had an aux port and the headliner were put in, all in time for a local VW meet saturday night, where almost all liked the headlining.

Heres a bunch of pictures of the loop how it sits now and friends 6n from saturday night, just before the VW meet:

IMG_1387.jpg

IMG_1381.jpg

IMG_1379.jpg

IMG_1364.jpg

IMG_1367.jpg

IMG_1375.jpg

IMG_1376.jpg

IMG_1363.jpg

IMG_1369.jpg

IMG_1358.jpg

Progress will be slow with this, tax is due 30th October and most of my money goes to paying insurance/petrol and rent aha. Next on list is fixing window, maybe some of the body work, then eventually nice pair of front seats and different coilovers so I can get rid of the rear arch gap but that's unfortunately a long way off.

Just thought I'd share my loop with you guys, thanks for looking. Comments/advice more than welcome.

James

Edited by JBarr

On my phone, so can't quote -

Lupo1.0se, where abouts are you from? I live juat outside of Hythe, near to Folkestone. Not too far from ashford, but you probably saw it when one of the two previous owners, who live there had it.

Chrisnicol, thanks man! Yeah keeping them clean is a challanger, especially living it middle of countryside woth dirty roads, etc. but thanks again :)

Lupo1.0se, where abouts are you from? I live juat outside of Hythe, near to Folkestone. Not too far from ashford, but you probably saw it when one of the two previous owners, who live there had it.

Chrisnicol, thanks man! Yeah keeping them clean is a challanger, especially living it middle of countryside woth dirty roads, etc. but thanks again :)

on the romney marsh, i remeber when it was nicolas, i have a pic of it some where when it was in Ashford.

I live in suburbia and it still manages to get filthy, birds, dust etc :/ I can wash it one day, without driving anywhere and it gets filthy! Love the wheels

on the romney marsh, i remeber when it was nicolas, i have a pic of it some where when it was in Ashford.

What colour is your loop? Don't think I've seen it around and I've been down there quite a few times.

Nice, personally I'd ditch the stickers for increased stealth looks :thumbsup:

I am tempted to ditch them, would rather have slight tint on windows but it's all money I don't have aha

I live in suburbia and it still manages to get filthy, birds, dust etc :/ I can wash it one day, without driving anywhere and it gets filthy! Love the wheels

Yeah I know exactly what you mean man, so annoying. Thanks!

Love the headlining!

I hated it at first, but sprayed the pink, black and the white, fluro green. Never had it in, then for the meet thought why not and everyone loves it. Slowly growing on, but having an interior light is so good!

Like the banded steelies suit it well!

Thanks man!

Looks boss on the banded steels man

Cheers fella.

Yes so glad iv seen this now.

Looks rude

Gonna need some help putting in my interior

Soon if you'd be up for helping

Peace

Looks rude

Peace

Looks rude

Peace

Looks rude

Peace

I can help. Message me.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't updated this in a while. Nothing has happened really that's why, well until the other day. Then this happened:

IMG_1578.jpg

IMG_1581.jpg

IMG_1583.jpg

IMG_1568-1.jpg

IMG_1569-1.jpg

IMG_1572-1.jpg

IMG_1599.jpg

IMG_1577.jpg

IMG_1573.jpg

IMG_1570-1.jpg

IMG_1601.jpg

I was surprised at the amount of people that actually like it! I thought most would hate it, but completely changed my car. Went from a stealth motor to a head turner just from changing the wheel colour. Hope you guys like it as much as I do

So on my drive to my dads house, drove like usual, went into a round about, back stepped out alot, put it down to just being wet, but soon after masses of vibration/noise and an awful smell! Pulled up in the lay by to be greeted by what i thought was stretch tyre popped off the rim. However, once off and in some light the damage is massive!

IMG_1604.jpg

IMG_1611.jpg

IMG_1610.jpg

IMG_1608.jpg

IMG_1609.jpg

IMG_1607.jpg

IMG_1606.jpg

IMG_1605.jpg

Ah, Ouch!!!

But at least your car wasn't going fast when it happened. But it could be worse man...

Yeah man, only the tyres ruined, least its not the car or even me. Such a shame to see it back on standard wheels though. I was stranded for a few hours, but I have some quality friends, who drove my two jacks, torque wrench and my standard wheels 30-40 miles to me, after picking them up from my house. Couldn't thank them enough.

Lucky you didn't spin out!

Very lucky, the back did step out, but i thought I'd just hit a wet patch!

Been in 2 car 'accidents' which could of been awful, well the first was (buddy wrote off his corsa c by caving in the roof with me in it) but yeah I have been lucky in a sense recently.

love the colour on the banded steels just a shame they are soo wide up front.

Thanks man and they seem fine to me?

Ouch!

Indeed, not got any spare cash to be buying new tyre/s. The standard wheels may have to stay a while :( although they roll better, being quiter