15" 8J front wheels, how can i get lower?

Fob163

hi all, i've got Oz Turbo's 8/8.5J on my lupo, they have a little poke which is tasty but i wanna wind the front down a bit, as i've had to raise it a fair bit since my last 7J wheels, even though they were all on the same tyres!

ive got all my arches rolled and flaired, the rears sit fine (scrub a little oveer bumps) with no adjusters as low as poss, but the front sits waaay too high.

is there any way i can get it down without endangering my health (195/45/15 tyres with a fair bit of stretch atm, its a daily!)

thanks!

Edit: as a side note, i think the ET is around 20? just misses my callipers. thanks!

Edited by Fob163

i know changing the front dishes could be my only real option, just was wondering if there was another option cause i like the slight poke/stretch all round. my other thought was run 165/50/15's on my 8J's but im not sure if it'd be all that safe, especially as id be running them daily :/

Tyrestretch.com and willtheyfit.com are you friends. Compare pics and diagrams of what you have now I what you want and see if it looks much different :)

thanks joe, i'll have a look when im home because my work filters willtheyfit, but on tyrestretch 185/45/15 looks slightly more stretched than now, so i think i may have to go down that route :)

looks like i'll be purchasing some of them then ^.^ and if i can get rid of my 5mm spacer shims on the front, that will probably help too (only spaced because i have really long bolts in the front and catch on the back of the hub) Thooooom were you at the spray shop meet in your friends 'Rado the other day? it looked sweeet!

looks like i'll be purchasing some of them then ^.^ and if i can get rid of my 5mm spacer shims on the front, that will probably help too (only spaced because i have really long bolts in the front and catch on the back of the hub) Thooooom were you at the spray shop meet in your friends 'Rado the other day? it looked sweeet!

haha yeah i was man, love the corrado.

i'm trying to find the midground! i might camber the front a little, have a little more lows ;) i had it wound all the way down on my last set of wheels, it just doesnt feel right being so high! :(

If you have spacers up front take them off and cut down your bolts/get new ones as long as you have the caliper clearance! :)

The only other option is gettin your arches pulled a bit more on the front - but sometimes they look a bit a daft.

185/45 will give a canny bit more clearance as they will be more stretched as well.