is it possible to get a gti and stick a 1.0 litre engine in it from another lupo?

jackfarrington

I used to work with a guy who's son wanted an RS Turbo, but couldn't get insurance.

He bought one and put a lot of work into fitting a 1300 engine, with the intention of putting the RS Turbo back in when his insurance was available and affordable.

When it was complete he went to insure the conversion. It was ridicoulously expensive; the reason being that it was still an attractive car to the thieves, ringers and twocers. So in the end, he paid for a car, paid for an engine and put in a lot of hours with his dad to do the conversion and then couldn't afford to insure it anyhow. Ended up with a MK1 VW Caddy.

Maybe worth asking the question to an insurance company and getting a quote before you spend you hard earned.

Just have a 1.0L dude, Lupo's are pretty cool looking cars anyway so why butcher a GTI (or install a body kit), it'll still cost a **** load mate.

Even a stock 1L will look better than your mates crappy M reg Renault Clio or Y reg 206. If I was a 1st year driver, I'd be pretty grateful to be driving around in a car as safe, reliable and comfortable as a 1.0L Lupo (I'm not a 1st year driver, and still drive one lol!).

Just buy a 1.0L Petrol, they're cheap'ish off eBay, Gumtree, Autotrader, etc, reliable and trust me, if you shop around you can get insurance for just over a grand, which is mint compared to some places and some cars. That's obviously a first year driver policy, after then, your premiums will drop massively.

Edited by Skezza
  • Like 1

surely you'd have to put it down on the insurace as an engine mod? probs cost the same to insure a sport rather than a gti with a 1l engine... i know what id choose!

I suspect the sport would be cheaper tbh, GTI is still a higher insurance group, just as desirable to thieves like Ray said, etc.

You could always just get a GTI and a one litre, chop the vin plates from the one and weld them into the GTI.

Change the reg and then you're sorted.

At least until you get stopped or put it in a hedge.

You could always just get a GTI and a one litre, chop the vin plates from the one and weld them into the GTI.

Change the reg and then you're sorted.

At least until you get stopped or put it in a hedge.

haha

You sir are a **** tard.

What an utterly unprovoked attack on poor Ray. Ban?