Dave's Yellow 1.0 (Bee) Lupo

Maverick22

Hello all!

Been on here a few months but decided i should share my lupo with the world (of lupo owners!)

So its a 2001 1.0 Litre yellow lupo.

i bought it for a great price but i figured it needed some money spending on it to make it a good runner.

i bought it for the mpg i could get however im having the infamous cranksensor/ limp mode/ engine warning light issues.

i figure it is the egr sensor? i replaced the other sensor a couple of months ago and also cleaned the throttle body/ air filter and did an oil change. This seemed to help but alas the problem has returned and im just living with it.

Anyways when i got her the right passanger side front panal is a pressed plate and slightly different colour. i figured i could live with it but ultimatly i want to replace it with an oem in the same colour code.

So i am gonna try posting what i have done from the day i got my car and what i plan on doing. Any comments or suggestions welcome, if you have any criticisms all are welcome.

The Day i got her!

IMAG0375_zps38338dc1.jpg

IMAG0376_zpsdedac07b.jpg

Was given these by a friend so decided to run them! 185/55/15 bigger profile than i would like but for free who can complain??!

IMAG0379-Copy_zps1fb63c50.jpg

551162_197857830330342_100003183792380_303293_1511242946_n_zps658c24b0.jpg

So up to now the car was pretty standard but i decided to put the Alloys i was given on her

i know they arent to everyones taste...

IMAG0423_zps3ce9383d.jpg

The little yellow dice caps i was given by a friend.. lasted possibly 4 hours till local kids stole them.... honestly what is the world coming too!!

IMAG0425-Copy_zps220f0dd1.jpg

found this just around the corner, had to take a photo.

IMAG0444-Copy_zps20be02a0.jpg

full view. dont know if you can spot the pressed plate panel at the front? slightly off colour

Edited by Maverick22

Replacing the crankshaft sensor

IMAG0408_zps7806d3e0.jpg

turned into a bit of an effort as the screw holding the sensor had rounded, got it off and replaced though and was running good for a little while after

IMAG0407-Copy_zpsfd89b766.jpg

decided to spray the badges

IMAG0411-Copy_zps76db2ded.jpg

IMAG0414-Copy_zpsb9e07166.jpg

finished product, for future reference i realise that it takes a few coats of primer and sanding for a nicer finish. i will re-do at a later date

IMAG0416-Copy_zpsda601225.jpg

nice! don't fancy selling me that spoiler do you hehe?

Many Thanks for the comments! i have debadged the Se'ness of my lupo and i have them somewhere so let me dig them out and if i find them they are yours!

Also i cant bare to part with my spoiler im sorry but i hope you find one, if i see one around i'll give you a shout

Decided that i need to re-trim the interior so set about taking everything out, didnt take as long as i thought! Never done a re-trim before so figured what could go wrong ahaa...

IMAG0633_zps115f9308.jpg

I have no idea why there is cardboard under my lining.. any ideas?

my dog decided he wanted to lend a hand..

IMAG0632-Copy_zps0dc8b64a.jpg

IMAG0634_zps1d843687.jpg

IMAG0635_zpsdd6742d6.jpg

IMAG0636_zpsd98cf7f0.jpg

IMAG0638_zps79f80044.jpg

IMAG0637_zps46e36841.jpg

so most of the re-trim was underway and whilst working on that i decided to paint the interior! why not eh XD

IMAG0639_zps96e21746.jpg

IMAG0641_zps2c4bb090.jpg

photo4_zps38cf04f8.jpg

Again my dog always likes to see what im up too :P

This arrived in the post today!!!

Finally get rid of that mismatched panal!!

photo3_zpsb28b77d3.jpg

Shockers soon to be on coilovers- they have been ordered but apparently there is a nationwide shortage?! everyone must be going low this week i guess

photo2_zps838a7c09.jpg

getting to work on my wing

photo1_zps70f0d7f9.jpg

car slowly being placed back together

photo5_zps735233e8.jpg

finally got the dash installed!!

photo8_zps6f546204.jpg

That is nice mate, Its a pity about the tire. But it could be worse. Keep up the great work anywho! :thumbsup:

P.S. The retrim and the yellow bits and bobs is cool. :yes:

Edited by NERO

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

coming along pretty quick :) looks smart and just a quick question about re-trim... what material & adhesive did you use? and where from?...

For the spray glue, have a look on eBay "high temp fabric upholstery glue"

Car is coming along nicely, keep up the good work :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

car looks sweet you got those coilovers yet ???

where u get interior paint from (LD1B paint code?)

Finally got them, gonna post photo's shortly of them fitted.

Yeah LD1B and i got a can mixed from halfords for around £10, it lasted for around 3 coats of all the dash parts and handles i sprayed it with so not bad value!

its not listed as Vw though they have it under a Audi colour code if they trouble locating it.