Are cheap coilovers worth it?

Marts

Looking into getting the car lowered, been looking at these as these can go from 20mm-100mm

Also the cheapest on ebay as well, does anyone have experience with these coilovers and can anyone give a good review of them? Thanks!

http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1423.l2649

Edited by Marts

Iv got JOM's too, deffinitley not the worst ride iv been in, id reccomend them haha

Cheers, may look into getting them when i've got the money :P

Have you got any pictures?

the front goes lower then rear right? Does that look odd at all?

92bc0120.jpg

Thats how mine sits, all the way down on the rear with the adjusters still in and it has about 40mm lower to go on the front.

Nice lupo man,

I like the look of that,

think I would like mine a bit lower then that but any low is better then standard height so I think i'm going to look into getting them, are your wheels 15's?

cheers :D hahaha. and the front will go way lower and you could always take the adjusters out the back, haha. And yes theyr 15's

Is taking the rear adjusters out safe? I'm a noob when it comes to all these things :P

Also how much did you pay for yours? :3

Is taking the rear adjusters out safe? I'm a noob when it comes to all these things :P

Also how much did you pay for yours? :3

not sure, i know and have heard of plenty people taking them out without problems. im considering trying it myself when i can be arsed, hahaha. and i payed 190 plus 12 pound postage from venom motorsport.

Cheap coilovers are a flase ecconomy imo.

They'll fail earlier than better ones, meaning you'll have to buy new ones, when you could of just got better ones at the start.

Also, the tyres ans suspesnion are the two things that keep your car on the road. I wouldn't go anywhere the budget ones as I wouldn't trust them.

Taking the rear djusters out is fine. The spring will fall out with all the weight off the car though.

You can drill a second lower hole for the rear shock, which'll keep the spring in place as the rear arm won't droop as much.

my TA Technix coilies have done over 10'000 miles so far and had no problems, had no adjusters in and the spring has never fallen out/ became unseated. when you unbolt the shocks it is loose, but when shocks are attached, springs dont move.