wheel bolts?????

Tobs23

bought some 10mm spacers for the back wheels. how long do i need to buy the wheel bolts if im just running the standard arosa alloys?

also are they tapered or radius?

thanks

Edited by EAA Arosa

I think standard VW bolts are radius seat not tapered.

Strick your wheel bolt through the wheel off the car. How much sticks out?

As a rule of thumb; It should be at least the same as the dia. of the threaded part of the bolt.

Any less then you will need longer bolts.

hi all, thanks for all the help. i had a look around and best place was venom, so i thought id rather spend 20 quid that have it pulling any of my threads and wheels dropping off and whatnot hahaha. so the next size up is 41mm. is that too long?

hi all, thanks for all the help. i had a look around and best place was venom, so i thought id rather spend 20 quid that have it pulling any of my threads and wheels dropping off and whatnot hahaha. so the next size up is 41mm. is that too long?

Yeah but grind them down to 10mm longer than standard bolts!

Edited by JamesTdi

just add 10mm onto the usual 26mm radius bolts. i put 5mm spacers on with aftermarket alloys and one of mine fell off. my bolts are now 45mm thread with aftermarket alloys and 5mm spacers ^.^

Yeah but grind them down to 10mm longer than standard bolts!

ahh cheers james, il do that then :)

just add 10mm onto the usual 26mm radius bolts. i put 5mm spacers on with aftermarket alloys and one of mine fell off. my bolts are now 45mm thread with aftermarket alloys and 5mm spacers ^.^

ooh that doesn't sound fun haha, that's exactly what i don't want to happen so id rather play it safe