audi 100 avant lows?

ElZ 16v

i know its not a lupo but i thought i'd see if anyone can shed any light..

this audi has been in my family since before i can remember and i am in two minds to take ownership of it

said audi (crap photo)

276E5905-AA0B-4179-BC58-F2F55E4A084D-3051-000002512B2F16AF.jpg

better pic from google same model different car though

C441B69E-12D4-4ED1-B40F-D8DDC46D806D-3051-00000250251E8B63.jpg

if i get it it would have to be sitting alot better on some bigger wider wheels so my question is anyone know how to get it low? previous searches have turned back coilovers available for £600+ an i cant afford that but i have been told people build their own coilovers derived from polo coilovers?!

any info would be great!

cheers

yea lowering spring kits are available but i would like it quite low ideally my arosa low with some nice wide wheels and the spring kits are expensiveee

Years ago i read about making your own coilovers, i keep every mag :innocent: so once i find it i will send you the copy.

Type "how to make coilovers" in google, loads youtube and other sits on how to do this :thumbsup:

Years ago i read about making your own coilovers, i keep every mag :innocent: so once i find it i will send you the copy.

Type "how to make coilovers" in google, loads youtube and other sits on how to do this :thumbsup:

yea my mates just said demon tweaks do a threaded bar and adjusters and a universal spring to make your own

cheers for the info that would be great as i think it would turn a few heads arriving at shows in it :)

Proper coilovers cost that much, deal with it.

proper coilovers? you mean the kind you can afford and the kind i cant? and the fact its an e reg audi which has 115bhp in 1987 its not gunna need £600 coilovers to keep it on the road is it really

air ride

quite frankly i'd love air ride if i could afford it i would own it by now aha

Your post above is a huge contradiction, you say it won't need £600 worth of coilovers to "keep it on the road" but in the same breath also say you'd happily pay out for air ride which would be probably at least double the price and not handle as well.

Hmm...

Your post above is a huge contradiction, you say it won't need £600 worth of coilovers to "keep it on the road" but in the same breath also say you'd happily pay out for air ride which would be probably at least double the price and not handle as well.

Hmm...

He said that if he could afford air ride he would buy it. I'm sure if he could afford £600 for coilies then he would probably buy them. The issue is money and he's trying to find a cheaper alternative.

If you want to have a good ride, reliablilty, handling, adjustability, which is the whole point of buying coilovers, then you have to spend proper money.

Has no one heard of saving up any more?

Not everyone cares about ride quality, they just want lows. Nothing wrong with that tbh.

If you cant afford to do it properly then you cant afford to do it full stop.

So its springs and shocks, possibly from another audi, cheaper coilovers or leave it standard.

Simple.

Edited by scotty_82
  • Like 1

Not everyone cares about ride quality, they just want lows. Nothing wrong with that tbh.

It's not just ride qaulity though, is it?

You see so many threads and posts about cheapy crap coilovers have seized or blown.

I've never understood why people are willing to spend stupid money on wheels and seat etc and then skimp on two of the three most important parts of a car, the bits that keep the car on the road.

i'd buy air if

i could afford it because itl go lower than coilovers and not drag it on the floor. but i wouldnt pay £600 for coilovers as its not a performance car i literaly want the coilovers to get it as low as i can its never going to that comfy when its wound right down.. and how is making a coilover which would cost half as much to get made an fitted skimping on stuff?

I wouldn't want to try and make 15 year old springs and shocks into coilovers, by the time you put all the costs together bits an labour you might as well pay the money for good coilovers

i wouldnt use the original spring or shock so that wouldnt be a problem but i doubt il be making a set now anyway..

any other platforms the same as the avant that coilovers are more popular for?

silver get the blue rs4 avant with a miltek exhaust thats a dream car

Edited by ElZ 16v