Anyone on here good with Bikes? (MTB)

James827

Not talking about road bikes more MTB?

decided to get back into it and i remembered why i stopped.. my bikes a bit knackered

i changed cranks a while ago and now the chain ring rubs against my frame!

Basically i need some kinda Longer bottom bracket.

can anyone point me in the right direction? :)

You sure your front mech is set up right? because if it aint the the cain will be all over the place and could rub your frame. Same as the back on if the rear mech aint set up it'll end up in your spoke, i could be wrong but worth a look incase it saves you money on buying a new one.

Owen.

i don't have a front one, i forgot to mention i was converting to single speed, so there's no front mech

haha, its the actual chain RING on the crank (with all the teeth) and the teeth are rubbing agasint the frame

yep, il do some measurements tomorrow to check.

is there anywhere i can order one on-line?

also its the cartridge type of BB.

and i don't have a Clue what the frames set for. its a Diamondback, and its a Hardtail (Same as my buddies old specialized Hard-rock, Like Seat to VW)

you say cartridge type, as in hollow tech, when the crank with the sprocket has the shaft attached to it, that goes through the cartridge ?, if so you can get spacer rings for cartridge to offset it. mine runs two, one on sprocket side and one on opposite side.

• 2 weeks later...

you say cartridge type, as in hollow tech, when the crank with the sprocket has the shaft attached to it, that goes through the cartridge ?, if so you can get spacer rings for cartridge to offset it. mine runs two, one on sprocket side and one on opposite side.

its a sealed unit, and yes i did offset it for a while and used a Cable tie to hold it but that didnt last too long.

do you know where i can get the spacers? :)