MK4 Golf Recaros

Hi there, I am considering buying a set of recaros from a mk4 golf but they are out of a 5 door!

Apart from it being inconvenient for people getting in the back, is it an MOT failure, or anything like that, to have front seats that do not tilt forward??

I'm not too bothered about them not tilting as I generally don't have people in the back of my car because it's too low!

If anyone knows about the MOT side of this or has 5 door recaros in their lupo then I'd love to know!

Thanks a lot

Hope you don't mind but I'm hijacking your thread :P

Will ANY mk4 golf seats for in the lupo/arosa ? I'm assuming all the sub-bases/runners are the same...

And also has anybody had electrically operated seats fitted/wired up ?

I've found some really nice mk4 golf seats but they are electrically operated and I don't wanna buy them and find it can't be done Or is very expensive

Cheers

Yes any Mk4 seats will fit (with grinding). Dunno about wiring in electric jobbies though, I expect it'd be pretty complicated as there weren't any Lupos fitted with them so the ECU won't be set up for it. I take it you mean you press buttons to change the tilt etc, not just heated?

Yeah they're fully electric, slidy bits and all lol. You reckon it would be possible to swap the subframes over then rather than go to the effort and cost of having the electrics wired up... I'm sure I can find someone to weld them for me

Any seats will fit with welding. ;)

The manual seats will go straight onto Lupo seat bases, there's guide on here. I failed though as I couldn't get hold of an M7 spline bit for the passenger side so ended up just grinding the Golf bases.

Hmmm decisions decisions ! These ain't no ordinary golf seats ;) if I can find someone to swap the sub bases over then I wouldn't need to worry about them being electric would I because the handle for sliding is part of the base is that right ? Cheers for your help btw mate :)

Depends if the tilt adjustment is electric too. You probably could wire them in somehow, bugger knows how though I'm no good with electrics lol. Are the controls on the seats or are they controlled from the dash?

Pffft I don't think I'm gonna bother tbh !! Sounds too much like hard work I'll just wait for a set of recaros to come up close enough to home ! I have no idea where the switch is tbh I assume on the seat but can't say for sure

Yeah I suspect it would be a massive pain in the arse, especially compared to the small amount of grinding required to get manual seats to fit!

[edit] see what you mean, they are a bit spesh

Edited by Koop